Commercial Laundry Equipment

Note to Mods- not sure where to post this one sorry!
    Does anyone out there work on Hotel Laundry Equipment? The need has been brought to my attention by a customer, I have not experience with them, curious if anyone else has walked that road.
    Still learning opinions welcome.

I did years ago during a stint with Holiday Inn. Maintained the washers, driers, sheet and towel folders, sheet iron, as well as kitchen and spa. I'll try to help you.

I have not worked on but have a customer and perspective customer wanting me to do the work on Washer and Dryers as needed. I have worked on domestic appliances, I know the same rules apply as with everything else. Know how it works, eliminate the components that are working, concentrate on the what is not. I guess I am just wondering any major difference in operation, most driers seem to bee gas heaters with a tumbler on top.
    thanks for the responce
    Still learning opinions welcome.

Most of your very large commercial washers are controlled by a preprogrammed board that dictates the how and why of H2O temps, time cycles, drum rotation, soap and additive mixes. The ones I had were set up by Ecolab thru a laundry brain program. All in all knowing the sequence of operation, wiring schematics, and where to get tech support on all the equipment will get you thru most anything. I remember I had to be just as alert safety wise working around new unpredictible moving machinery.

What brand of Equipment?
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

I agree, I would think that knowing where to purchase replacement parts reasonable would be the key as they are not probably compantable with domestic parts.

You could probably call the manufacture and get the tech manuals for the brand your working on.

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

I forgot the brand of commercial washers. They may have been Wascomatt. Had American Dryer dryers, the sheet and towel folders were made by some small time independent who built them to order. I forgot the brand of sheet ironer. The kitchen equipment was fryolator, hobart, and a whole host of other stuff I can't recall. I do know I have a Holiday Inn University Mechanical Equipment binder somewhere that has all that.