Question how do i get in the food service field?

hello fellas . im looking to see how can iget into commercial food service . i have two three years in a/c maintanace and some installs . there are no schooling on food service equipment, except refrigeration. im not giving up on a/c but like to test other areas. i have a bad ankle and want to climb a little less on the ladders. just thinking im in south west fl port charlotte area.
    thanks

Smile

I actually took a job with Hobart corporation, and worked for them for a couple years. They sent me to four of thier schools, and they were awsome. They were a good company to work for, except at the time I had small kids, and I was working a ton of O.T. Good luck to you and your career!

Hobart is a real good suggestion. A lot of OT though. They're in markets, institutions, reastaurants, schools. No, I don't work for them but see these guys everyday.

Something else you may try, would be, I believe GCS or Ecolab services. You may also try the large business class hotels that have conference centers. Most of those have hvac mechanics that are responsible for all refrigeration, A/C, laundry, and kitchen equipment as well as spa, pools. The only downfall with them may be getting training or training reimbursement. Hussman may be worth a try also.

Training? Schools?.....I just started advertising one day and before the day was over I had a several jobs. I started with AC also (mobile home installs and repair) but I did have an industrial maint. background before I started in the AC buisness. A big help. Education is always a plus if you can find it. There are some recent post in this section that may help.
    Good Luck

Talking how do i get into the food service business?

answer--learn how to say "want fries with that" sorry, but i have been drinking and that's what came to mind. it sure wasn't work.have a great weekend!!
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

By the way. Is it true Ecolab started doing refrigeration work?

Gcs

http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/T...=1242007192351

This is the job postings for GCS/ Ecolab. I've worked there for 2 years. I came in as an x-airplane mechanic, very little refer skills and no cooking equiptment skills. I learned the trade on the job. Started low in pay, excelled the best I could, and 2 years later i'm over 50k a year and a $5 an hour pay raise. Plus GCS used to just have hot side techs, no need, no more for only hot side guys. Great benefits, and a great work environment. Have gone to some schools with guys who work in N.Y. City and they too really enjoy it. Above is the job listing web site for N.Y., unfortunately no openings. But there wasn't any on there when I got hired in Minneapolis either and they hired me, so worth submitting a resume.

Good Luck

Paul

Yeah for some reason I thought they started doing refrigeration. I had thought at one time about joining them. Everyone I used to deal with that worked for them were a real good bunch of people. Always pleasant to speak to and helpful. I was told the pay was pretty good depending on where you were and your level of knowledge.