Evaporator Coil Frosting Around Front Behind Fans - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BDOLIN View Post
    The coldest part of the coil is often on the fan side. This is because the warmest air enters the back of the coil and most refrigeration circuiting is set so that the air hits the coldest part of the coil last. This can give a closer approach and more efficient cooling. Terminate defrost when the ice goes away last during a defrost, after all, any other location will leave ice there and it can build up. Adding defrosts or lengthening defrosts may eventually be effective but at the expense of room temp and certainly uses more energy.
    The termination sensor is in the space that's icing up (front) it's a klixon type that is mounted to the cabinet with the sensor sticking out into the space between fans and front of coil - where can I move it?

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Is it a restaurant? What is the location of the box? Do they have a string on the shelf by the door indicating they tie the door open. Is the freezer inside of a cooler?
    Not a restaurant, outdoor box in Eastern Canada so it's a pretty cold climate this time of year. I was having the issue in the dead of winter as well when RH is at it's lowest....

Quote Originally Posted by dixie2005 View Post
    Not a restaurant, outdoor box in Eastern Canada so it's a pretty cold climate this time of year. I was having the issue in the dead of winter as well when RH is at it's lowest....
    No head pressure control?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    No head pressure control?
    Yes, headmaster working fine.

I think I would remove the termination switch and install new. I use the ranco with the bulb that you can slide into one of the open passes if the coil. Part # I think is f1127 if I remember correctly.

I agree with Cavalieri85. Placing the sensor in the fins where the ice persists will guarantee a clean coil. We have found that to be very effective. You will have to force a complete defrost to clean up that location to get the sensor placed, but once placed the ice should never return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12