Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

America Taken Hostage

I heard how venezuela has teamed up with iran and other opec nations to destableize oil prices in american and also selling off their dollar reserves and changing over to the euro. a move that will send U.S. economy into hyperinflation and the US Goverment into backruptcy. They will be selling several trillion US dollars. The thing that bothers me is that Americans produce Sixty Percent of the worlds food supply and we practically give it away. I think they need to eat their sand and wash it down with their oil for a year or two. When will our goverment ever wake up and quit selling us off?
    IcyFlame

Throw this in ARP. Great topic. They will not throw us in bankruptsy, and would seriously devalue any other currency if they attempted such stupidity.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by icyflame View Post
    The thing that bothers me is that Americans produce Sixty Percent of the worlds food supply and we practically give it away. I think they need to eat their sand and wash it down with their oil for a year or two. When will our goverment ever wake up and quit selling us off?

On priciple, I agree with ya. For this to work though, a bushel of soybeans, wheat, corn, etc would have to cost almost as much as a barrel of crude. Then, we still get hurt in the wallet.

Would americans pay out the nose to teach a few 3rd world nations a lesson?

Not sure about that, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post
    On priciple, I agree with ya. For this to work though, a bushel of soybeans, wheat, corn, etc would have to cost almost as much as a barrel of crude. Then, we still get hurt in the wallet.

Would americans pay out the nose to teach a few 3rd world nations a lesson?

Not sure about that, yet.
    Probably not. Americans are used to $1 burgers and fries. There is no way that Americans will go for something like that. Look how they howl about if minimum wages go up, and Big Mac will cost $7 (not that is a bad thing, less fatasses eating McD's every day) but can you imagine the reaction if food prices triple or quadrupled? Imagine the fallout!!

You would have a hard time selling the idea of over pricing food to teach another country / enemy a lesson.

Have you guys heard that the U.S. has got the richest oil reserves underground in the entire world un-tapped? The U.S. is waiting for the world supply to start deleting slowly. Also guess what the U.S. are the largest producers of corn in the world, we should do what Brazil did with Ethanol, that'll send the big oil controlled countries into a frenzy!

Quote Originally Posted by icyflame View Post
    When will our goverment ever wake up and quit selling us off?
    When our government gets OUT of bed with the world bankers. The clue...it ain't our government. Two presidents tried, and both were shot. btw...they own most of our media too.

Hmm. Gasoline just dropped below 2 bucks here. Must be workin', huh?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Paid $1.88 this morning.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Still being held hostage in N.Y. $2.45
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doc ice View Post
    Have you guys heard that the U.S. has got the richest oil reserves underground in the entire world un-tapped? The U.S. is waiting for the world supply to start deleting slowly. Also guess what the U.S. are the largest producers of corn in the world, we should do what Brazil did with Ethanol, that'll send the big oil controlled countries into a frenzy!
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Canada is now number 2 because of the tar sands. Its not like they just discovered them, it has been too expensive to pursue with the low oil prices.

High price of oil now has it booming there now.

US dollar has been dropping in buying power these past years. Hurts me here as my money is fixed to the US dollar.

I just brought in a 40 foot container (and then some) of furniture, appliances and light fixtures for 4 two bedroom apartments. Bought it all in Florida.

When I unloaded the container none of the boxes had "Made in USA" on it, not even the name brand appliances. Your money is going out on imports. Your money is chasing foreign goods, foreign money is not chasing your goods.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

When I was a kid, all the stuff made in Hong Kong and Japan was the cheap crap, by the late 70s everyone wanted the jap cars and stereos as they were the best.

Then the Korean stuff was the cheap crap, now the samsung and the LG (goldstar) stuff is good.

The Made in China is the cheap crap now, but they will be next up to bat.

China is improving their quality too.... Ive read they make some fine automobiles and this year we in the USA are supposed to be getting a look at some as the Chinese may be opening up some dealerships...

I think the chinese bought MG motors...tooling designs etc....from england and they make their own chinese designed and built cars...

I heard there will be a econo box marketed in the US for under 8 grand with a 100,000 mile or 10 year warranty....and Ive also read the chinese will be marketing bmw,lexus quality cars in the 20 gs....

Of course we wont know for sure till they hit the shores... Hopefully if they do hold up and people buy them we might be getting some chinese manufacturing plants over here...and some jobs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast