Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobb25 View Post
    Unless both of them were idiots (which I highly doubt), they both knew that your problem was the duct work and air flow.
    I'm sure the York tech, told the installer what the problem is.
    He's not allowed to tell the customer. His hands are tied.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Unhappy update

had a different contractor checked the system. he suspected the same thing you guys told me. He said to tell the 1st guy do the proper calculation for the right size unit or do adjustment to the ductwork or both.
    Called the 1st guy, he said it wouldn't make any difference. From talking to him, i found out very likely he made the decision based on the size of my old furnace and the AC.
    Since he might not fix it for me, is there any economic way to minimize the noise?

Place tstat in OFF position or call the different contractor to make the repairs.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Not seeing it, I doubt if there's a cheap solution. Call someone to fix it and chalk it up to experience. “Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.” Guccio Gucci

Afraid your going to have to bite the bullet on this.

It will take a contractor to come and see your system, to know what it will take to remedy it.

Call that second contractor back. It'll cost what it cost.
    Contractor locator map

I'm a little confused. Are you saying contractor #2 came in, said the installation was good but your unit is sized incorrectly? Did he do his own heat loss calc?

So did the second contractor establish that the stat was wired correctly for two stage heat? (What kind of thermostat do you have?)

Did either contractor tell you what the blower speed was set to?

Did they follow beenthere's suggestion to set the timer for stage 2 heat to 20 minutes?

Is it loud even after they addressed/confirmed everything above?

I'm not saying you don't have duct problems. You probably do. I have an old house, new furnace, and a duct problem. But we were able to tweak things while we try to find another contractor to address the duct issues.

How big is your house anyway?

I've been called for noise problems only to arrive and find a brand new unit not installed properly. If you tell the customer what needs to be done, and give an estimate, they go back to contractor A, tell them this is what contractor B said, and I want you to do it for free. Now I just tell the people it will be T&M to fix, and guaranteed to work. I don't like getting into the middle of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mike08054 View Post
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying contractor #2 came in, said the installation was good but your unit is sized incorrectly? Did he do his own heat loss calc?

So did the second contractor establish that the stat was wired correctly for two stage heat? (What kind of thermostat do you have?)

Did either contractor tell you what the blower speed was set to?

Did they follow beenthere's suggestion to set the timer for stage 2 heat to 20 minutes?

Is it loud even after they addressed/confirmed everything above?

I'm not saying you don't have duct problems. You probably do. I have an old house, new furnace, and a duct problem. But we were able to tweak things while we try to find another contractor to address the duct issues.

How big is your house anyway?
    It's not a 2 stage unit. it's singe stage 80%. my house is about 2200sf well insulated. i think the power of the unit is 120kbtu.

Quote Originally Posted by I_want__quiet View Post
    It's not a 2 stage unit. it's singe stage 80%. my house is about 2200sf well insulated. i think the power of the unit is 120kbtu.
    This is the confusion that happens when you hijack someone elses thread.

The OP, has a 2 stage 90%.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    This is the confusion that happens when you hijack someone elses thread.

The OP, has a 2 stage 90%.
    sorry didn't mean to cause the confusion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12