FDNY torch and watch permits?

any NYC techs do the updated retest to get the new fire permits to torch and work fire watch on the jobs is it all books multi choice..?thanks
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I just took both of them. It was my first time, not a retest. It was multiple choice test on a computer. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

retest? what the hell is the sorcery? Don't tell me they made it "difficult". In all seriousness, I'm just glad I most likely never have to see the inside of 9 Metro Tech again.

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    any NYC techs do the updated retest to get the new fire permits to torch and work fire watch on the jobs is it all books multi choice..?thanks
    Did my retest last fall. Same stuff, read the material that they have, go to Brooklyn and pay exorbitent rates for parking, walk to NYFD, give lots of money to them, wait, take the multiple choice test on a computer terminal, wait, get your picture taken, wait, get your cards, get out of Brooklyn.

For Artman934, they changed a few regulations so you will have to go and retest so they can make sure that you have all of the updated information in your head and ofcourse so that they can get a few more sheckles out of your pocket.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

I'm in SC now so this isn't an issue. The only requirements for torch use here would be a pulse and a lighter.

Another way for the city to make a buck!!
    "My hands are for sale"

we have to take a "hot works" test every year where I'm at. Same thing or something different? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    we have to take a "hot works" test every year where I'm at. Same thing or something different? Just curious...
    This test that we have to take is one of the many that you need in order to work in certain positions in the 5 boros of N.Y.C. "Fire Watch" permits are there to make sure that there is at least 1 person that does nothing but watch what is going on while there is some sort of hot work happening, "Burn" permit is for the person making the "hot". Pretty much the same test with a few differences. The cost was either $50 or $75 for taking each one for the first time and $25 to renew.

These test are probably very similar to the one you have to renew each year.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Used to work in a paint factory a lot. You had to get burn and watch permits thru safety and engineering depts.
    Funny part is it was an emulsion factory.....all water based paint.