Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Planning on replacing, just trying to figure out if I can get help from appliance coverage plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Old College Try View Post
    Planning on replacing, just trying to figure out if I can get help from appliance coverage plan.
    Depends when the "plan" took effect. Home warranties are great for having a reason as to why a piece doesn't qualify for replacement.

Had it on warranty for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    20 year warranty no matter how many owners.
    That is not true anymore.

A camera can realiably spot the cracks, I just did it about 35 mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    That is not true anymore.

A camera can realiably spot the cracks, I just did it about 35 mins ago.
    lifetime warranties revert to 20 year warranty if house is sold, 20 yr warranties it does not matter.

G40DF, G40UH, G41UF, G43UF, ML180DF,
    ML180UH, ML193DF, ML193UH, ML195DF, ML195UH −−
    Twenty (20) years −− Residential Applications.

wording from current production cheapo unit warranty document, says nothing about subsequent owners.

Quote Originally Posted by George2 View Post
    Not so..........what is the difference between that opening and the plenum 6" above? No danger what so ever after a patch is put on.
    if you cut any gas furnace cabinet in a place it was not designed to be cut you void all approvals and certifications on that furnace.

you can cut out the left or right side for return openings, returns in the back of furnace are no longer allowed.

there was a service and application note on this from Lennox years ago. #H-93-9 cabinet integrity.

lifetime warranties revert to 20 year warranty if house is sold, 20 yr warranties it does not matter.

G40DF, G40UH, G41UF, G43UF, ML180DF,
    ML180UH, ML193DF, ML193UH, ML195DF, ML195UH −−
    Twenty (20) years −− Residential Applications.

wording from current production cheapo unit warranty document, says nothing about subsequent owners.
    That applies to these modern furnaces. You'll notice the OP has a 25 year old G20.
    I work for the largest Lennox dealer in North America, I can tell you that Lennox has changed the terms if the warranty on the G20. They're not putting through HX warranty claims for homeowners who are not the original owner anymore.
    The warranty certificate for the G20 doesn't say anything about subsequent owners, as the warranty contract is between Lennox and the original purchaser.

can you pm me a link to that?
    i have been a Lennox dealer since 1981 and its news to me.

as far as the OP goes the 25 yr old G20 would have no warranty if he was original owner or not.

i see your up in Canada so it could be policy up there.... come to think of it i don't even think we have any G20 furnaces that are less than 20 yrs old anyway.......

if you cut any gas furnace cabinet in a place it was not designed to be cut you void all approvals and certifications on that furnace.

you can cut out the left or right side for return openings, returns in the back of furnace are no longer allowed.

there was a service and application note on this from Lennox years ago. #H-93-9 cabinet integrity.
    I would never cut a hole in the case of a furnace to look for cracks. George write Lennox an email asking if your method is Lennox warranty approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Old College Try View Post
    Will a pro then be able to conclusively confirm if they are cracks then? I actually have insurance through my utility company. Maybe I should just have the utility company come out and check... They will cover replacement of the part or just pay me a max amount if the cost is too high for repair. Any thoughts for best way to go about this?
    read the policy from your utility company, the one in my area does not cover HX.
    it is their "easy out", first thing they look at on service call is the HX. if its cracked they just red tag it and shut it off. they don't have to fix it then.

X2

Same in my area

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 02-27-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: non AOP member

metalbender

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast