Mitsubishi Mr Slim FE-12NA clearance

I had a contractor over today to give me a quote on having my Mr Slim FE-12NA installed and indicated to him that I would like to have it installed over my patio doors. I called the site that I bought it from (XYZ.site) to see what the minimum clearance over top of the unit is and they told me 4". I will have 3.5-4" of clearance over the unit when it's installed. My contractor said that 6" is normally what he goes by but said he's never installed a Mitsubishi and is mostly experienced with the Fujitsu's. He said the danger of not having enough clearance is that the interior unit will ice up in the summer. He said he's willing to install it there but basically indicated that I'm on the hook if it needs to be moved. Should I change my plans and have it installed somewhere else or will this be sufficient clearance to prevent icing up for this model? I figured there are probably some contractors on this forum who have more experience with this brand, it's not really commonly available up here.

Thanks!
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-28-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: removed site name

Quote Originally Posted by rvaldron View Post
    I had a contractor over today to give me a quote on having my Mr Slim FE-12NA installed and indicated to him that I would like to have it installed over my patio doors. I called the site that I bought it from (XYZ.site) to see what the minimum clearance over top of the unit is and they told me 4". I will have 3.5-4" of clearance over the unit when it's installed. My contractor said that 6" is normally what he goes by but said he's never installed a Mitsubishi and is mostly experienced with the Fujitsu's. He said the danger of not having enough clearance is that the interior unit will ice up in the summer. He said he's willing to install it there but basically indicated that I'm on the hook if it needs to be moved. Should I change my plans and have it installed somewhere else or will this be sufficient clearance to prevent icing up for this model? I figured there are probably some contractors on this forum who have more experience with this brand, it's not really commonly available up here.

Thanks!
    3" is plenty of room above that unit. Go for it.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-28-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: removed site name from quote

Links to direct purchase sites are not permitted.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?