ORCAview Logon problem

I am having an issue when logging in to our ORCAview software, it keeps coming up with the error 'Unable to logon to the network'. After a bit of poking around I found the SIServerStatus.log file which shows the line 'Loading Security Database: NOT STORAGE'. After seeing this error I located a file called security.dbr however this file appears blank (even though the file size is 8KB, file is full of spaces/blank characters), this leads me to believe this file has become corrupted.

I tried installing the software on another computer to try to get a working security.dbr file however it appears that the company who originally installed the software used their own install media as the version already installed is v3.33 however the version on my install CD is v3.30 and the security.dbr file is not compatible with the newer version.

Would someone who has the v3.33 (Build 1917) of the ORCAview software be able to send me a copy of their security.dbr file (located in C:\Program Files\Delta Controls\3.33\Sites\) so I can see if it will work on my system (I am hoping the file is formatted generally and not linked to a specific install).

Thanks

Is there a security.dbr_bak file in the sites folder? If so then delete the security.dbr file. Rename the dbr_bac file to just security.dbr and try that.
    Follow me @blankscole

Quote Originally Posted by CE-TECH View Post
    Is there a security.dbr_bak file in the sites folder? If so then delete the security.dbr file. Rename the dbr_bac file to just security.dbr and try that.
    There was a bak file however it is exactly the same as the other file.

yes its supposed to be. Its there incase the .dbr files become corrupt
    Follow me @blankscole

yes its supposed to be. Its there incase the .dbr files become corrupt
    Sorry for not clarifying but I meant that the bak file also looks corrupt (same error messages come up when that file is used aswell).

Oh ok. Well you should call your local Delta rep and have them do a reinstall of the software

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Follow me @blankscole

Oh ok. Well you should call your local Delta rep and have them do a reinstall of the software

I don't know if we have a local Delta Rep in the UK so we would have to go back to the company who installed the software originally and they will want to charge to come out to do the reinstall which is why I was hoping to first try to fix the problem without a complete reinstall. I have tried contacting Delta directly using their online contact form but have not yet had a reply.

Hi,

I have had that issue in the past and the only solution is to uninstall and re-install the software. Do you have a disk copy of the software? The tech support guy from Delta also told me that you MUST uninstall the software using the disk and NOT to use the uninstall from your pc( I learned this the hard way).

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Deltaforce View Post
    Hi,

I have had that issue in the past and the only solution is to uninstall and re-install the software. Do you have a disk copy of the software? The tech support guy from Delta also told me that you MUST uninstall the software using the disk and NOT to use the uninstall from your pc( I learned this the hard way).

Good Luck
    Unfortunately the only disk I have is for v3.30 whereas the version that was installed by the company is v3.33, and it looks like the graphics setup aren't compatible with the earlier version.

Put your contact information in your profile and I'll send you a working security.dbr.
    But like the other posters said, when I had this happen a couple of years ago I had to reinstall.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    Put your contact information in your profile and I'll send you a working security.dbr.
    But like the other posters said, when I had this happen a couple of years ago I had to reinstall.

kontrol out
    Thanks, I have updated my profile.

If that doesn't work do you use Dropbox?

Follow me @blankscole