Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whirlpool/Amana Dual Fuel Question

ASZC160361A / AMVC950704CX WGHP4636A / WGFM295070V4C
    Are these the same systems? My contractor says they are and thinks the warranties are identical but I was just wondering what you guys knew about these setups. Im wondering about any warranty differences and if they are made in the same facility by the same company with the same exact parts as he said. Im also wondering if the dual fuel setup shuts the heat pump completely off and completely switches to gas at a certain degree or if the heat pump and gas start to work together as the temp drops. Thanks

Same units, different warranties,amana has lifetime unit replacement warranties. Whirlpool is lifetime compressor

I could be wrong on this... Amana and Goodman are related. Whirlpool is part of Nordyne.

As to the dual-fuel question... Different controllers operate different ways.
    Ask your contractor to evaluate your needs, they can recommend the better method of controlling the system.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Whirlpool is made buy goodman. Westinghouse, frigidaire, and maytag are all nor dyne.

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by caincompany View Post
    Whirlpool is made buy goodman. Westinghouse, frigidaire, and maytag are all nor dyne.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by caincompany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Correct.
    We never stop learning... or keeping up...

Who made Whirlpool before Goodman got the name?

THX!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Whirlpool is licensed by Tradewinds Dist. They had Allied make their stuff before then switched to Goodman. Only drawback might be parts & warranty down the line if you don't stay with this dealer or if there are any changes. Amana isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Whirlpool is licensed by Tradewinds Dist. They had Allied make their stuff before then switched to Goodman. Only drawback might be parts & warranty down the line if you don't stay with this dealer or if there are any changes. Amana isn't going anywhere.
    Learn something new every day... Will have to rib the guys I know at the Allied factory (tech support)...

Do you remember when Whirlpool changed manufacturers (from Allied to Goodman)?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Seems to me, 2-3 years ago

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Funny how HVAC labels don't correlate to appliance mfg's. Whirlpool, Maytag and Amana as well as Kitchenaide are all under the Whirlpool Corporate brand.

Then also on the appliance side, Electrolux owns Frigidaire, Gibson, Tappan, Westinghouse.

Honestly, I hate multi-branding. I understand why it's done fom a marketing standpoint, but beyond 1 or 2 brands, I think its' a waste or resources and question it's value vs consolidation and just creates confusion for the younger gneration that has little brand loyalty. But i understand how a lot of older people have attachments and certain perception about legancy product names.

For example, if you bought a "Dawoo... errr Chevy Aveo, you got what you paid for, a cheap Korean Toyota knock off with a Chevy label on it.

It worries me now how Honda small engines are showing up everywhere now at reasonable price points. I think these high volume versions are made in China now and for me, it dilutes the brand and I question the durability and quality.

With the Amana models you are listing, you have complete unit lifetime replacment warranties if compressor or heat exchanger ever fail. I'll bet the Whirlpool has lifetime heat exchanger, and maybe lifetime compressor however that's a part in a box type warranty. YOu'll be on the hook for rest of repair and still have the original equipment. To me that's a big difference!

I also did not know Whirlpool was made by Goodman! I assumed it was Nordyne made.

I found this interesting piece on Goodmans wikipedia page. (Goodman has recently added Whirlpool to its list of brand offerings. This move was made so Goodman Distribution can sell a product similar to the Amana brand in states where other distributors have exclusive rights to sell Amana.)
    I looked through some marketing material of Whirlpool hvac stuff and the higher end stuff like amanas is lifetime unit replacement but I dont know if goodman would still warranty it if anything happend to Tradewinds. I think I will just go with Amana even though it is a little more and it sucks to pay more for the same thing. stinkn rebranding lol
    Is there anything a simple homeowner who is a set it and forget it kinda guy would gain by going with the CKT 03 over the CKT 02 stat.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast