+ Reply to Thread

Thread: documentation on flakers

Post Likes

documentation on flakers

Yesterday i got called out to a warrenty call on a scotsman unit. Ive never touched a flaker machine before.

It was giving me a error code 3 for a empty water resivour and was running water through and down the drain. With help of tech support decided to replaced the lower water seal. He said i can get instructions off scotsman website.

Why on this unit does it not have a water solenoid?

I dont have a model number with me but it was the newer prodigy series
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    Obviously there is a float valve if not a water inlet valve? I prefer a mechanical float valve over a water inlet valve anyways. Much simpler and doesn't require any water probe sensors to regulate water level. Usually just has a safety probe to shut machine down in case of loss of water.

Post Likes
    Scotsman with CM3 use an electronic water level sensor.

Post Likes
    Flakers require a gonstant water level. They make ice continuously therefore using water continuously. A solenoid valve would cause problems not a solution.

Post Likes
    What about when it has a full bin.

Post Likes
    The float valve shut stopping the water flow. If it doesn't replace the valve

Post Likes
    Hoshi flakers have water inlet solenoid valves as their primary water control. Some other machines have a solenoid, and some have a solenoid AND a float.

Post Likes
    A solenoid on a scotsman flaker would be an added cost that would add extra service and unnecesary electrical consumption. Float valves are a proven system. They are used in toilets, cooling towers Cattle waterers,etc. Keep it simple stupid is sound engineering

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in