Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heat Pump will not throw heat

Since the beginning of December when a honeywell VisionPRO TH8000 series was put in, the heat pump has not been throwing heat. The guy doing the work has changed the contactor, defrost control board, and refrigerant and when on the phone with honeywell to try to troubleshoot the problem, they said it was the compressor. Rather than go through the issue of replacing this and possibly not work, he put in a Ducane heat pump, initially had a Bryant. The heat pump still will not throw heat. We are running our Emergency heat which is propane. He has no idea as to what it may be, and plans on trying a different thermostat to see if the problem is with that, and contacting honeywell again. All fuses have been checked and are fine. Just looking for a little bit of advice on what may be wrong, and would be greatly appreciated.

My advice would be to call someone else. Just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like you need another guy. It's not that hard to use a meter and find out which component isn't working.

Contactor, defrost board AND refrigerant. And the new HP doesn't work.
    Your technician is doing you no favor.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Wow. You need someone that knows what the doing. If the problem only started after the new thermostat was hooked up. then its a problem with the ay its wired or how it was set up.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I mean all the things listed that he has done is absurd. Im sorry you have spent all that money and wasted so much time. But I mean come on. It should not be that difficult to diagnose this. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

as they have all said already, you have the WRONG person there, I will not use the word technician for him!!

Call someone who knows what they are doing before you hand over more money for nothing.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 02-28-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Jbart, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here.

Your post has been deleted.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

time to replace the technician
    We really need change now

sounds like a thermostat programming issue to me. u need a new tech to fix u up.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here.

Last edited by beenthere; 02-28-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast