Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Freak of Nature

Freak of Nature

Caught "Meet the Press" this morning. Listened to Senator Lieberman. A Liberal most assuredly NOT in favor of cowardice. Must be a freak of nature.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

If not for liberals, you'd be bowing to a king

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    If not for liberals, you'd be bowing to a king
    Or speaking German.

Could either of you explain those comments? I'm just curious to your though process here. Thanks!
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

The American Revolution was an extremely Liberal Idea . Free Men ruled by nobody was and is a Liberal Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Could either of you explain those comments? I'm just curious to your though process here. Thanks!

Who you asking? manko and I?

How come the mod is not questioning daves thought process? hmmm. Interesting. I see a pattern.

The American Revolution was an extremely Liberal Idea . Free Men ruled by nobody was and is a Liberal Idea.
    I can follow that.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker44 View Post
    How come the mod is not questioning daves thought process? hmmm. Interesting. I see a pattern.
    I am a member of this site, too.

It was a simple question. Feel free to not answer.

One could argue conversely that The American Revolution was the result of extremely liberal ideas about how much taxation and burden the English Colonies in America should have had to bear.

I do see legitimacy in acmanko's premise though, when it is used in the context of being a socially progressive reform.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker44 View Post
    You would see a pattern.

My thought process: Years ago I was a registered, voting Democrat. As the years passed, I began to notice patterns of retreat and entitlement I was not at all comfortable supporting.

Then the Reagan Administration slapped us all. Hard. Some of us learned from that ass-whipping. The concept of seeking out solutions was like a breath of fresh air. Even when some of those 'solutions' eventually failed. At least an attempt had been made.

Now I see Senator Lieberman. Certainly NOT a Reagan, yet also a man not afraid. While I disagree with much he supports, I admire the man's courage of conviction. His willingness to act. While the bulk of his Party are still placing blame, he's actually trying to solve problems. There may be a lesson in there somewhere.....
    Last edited by engineerdave; 01-14-2007 at 03:38 PM.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave View Post
    My thought process: Years ago I was a registered, voting Democrat. As the years passed, I beagan to notice patterns of retreat and entitlement I was not at all comfortable supporting.

Then the Reagan Administration slapped us all. Hard. Some of us learned from that ass-whipping. The concept of seeking out solutions was like a breath of fresh air. Even when some of those 'solutions' eventually failed. At least an attempt had been made.

Now I see Senator Lieberman. Certainly NOT a Reagan, yet also a man not afraid. While I disagree with much he supports, I admire the man's courage of conviction. His willingness to act. While the bulk of his Party are still placing blame, he's actually trying to solve problems. There may be a lesson in there somewhere.....

That's a good analogy dave. You and I must have shared the same experiences with Reagan, although I shudder to admit I was a dem too.
    I respect guys like Liebermann who put the considerations of their conscience and constituency ahead of popular opinion polls and elections.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast