Thread: HVAC Pro

Hmm HVAC Pro

I recently replaced my old XP laptop with a new on with Win 7 32 bit and Win XP mode on it.
    I was told that HVAC Pro will not work in Win 7 so I installed in the XP mode.
    After installing the HVAC Pro that I had I discovered it is only ver. 8.06. I went back to my old laptop and check and had ver. 8.08B on it.
    I could not find that software anywhere in my system. I do not remember where I got it from. I do have the patch that goes with it for usb connection.

Does anyone have an updated ver. of HVAC Pro that I could get?

Willys

You'll probably have to purchase the upgrade unless you can find the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Willys_4 View Post
    I recently replaced my old XP laptop with a new on with Win 7 32 bit and Win XP mode on it.
    After installing the HVAC Pro that I had I discovered it is only ver. 8.06. I went back to my old laptop and check and had ver. 8.08B on it.
    I could not find that software anywhere in my system. I do not remember where I got it from. I do have the patch that goes with it for usb connection.

Willys

Check your email, patch is there.
    " Good labor is not cheap and cheap labor is not good." MN

UA Local 9

Quote Originally Posted by Willys_4 View Post

Willys
    By the way, hvac pro does work on win 7 professional 32 bit. I find it annoying using the win xp mode in win 7 which to me is garbage, but each to their own. The icons look different on the menu and desktop, but the program when opened looks the same and operates just fine. At least it does on my laptop, seems like some people have been having some problems. I use a dell vostro laptop.

UA Local 9

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    By the way, hvac pro does work on win 7 professional 32 bit. I find it annoying using the win xp mode in win 7 which to me is garbage, but each to their own. The icons look different on the menu and desktop, but the program when opened looks the same and operates just fine. At least it does on my laptop, seems like some people have been having some problems. I use a dell vostro laptop.

I will have to try that as I am running it in XP mode also on a two year old DELL Latitude E6510 and it is time consuming to open. Yup, no patience. Is there any way to make that darn window bigger?
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

I did load it first in Win 7, but did not get to try it. Than another tech in our office said it will not work. Thanks for the info. Have been contacted by someone that is willing to share ver. 8.08, when I get will it will try again.

Good day All,

Just to clarify... HVACPro will not run natively under Win 7 64 bit... You must use XP Mode (only available with Win 7 Professional and Ultimate) or another Virtual Machine running 32bit Windows.

Cheers,

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by s2sam View Post
    Good day All,

Just to clarify... HVACPro will not run natively under Win 7 64 bit... You must use XP Mode (only available with Win 7 Professional and Ultimate) or another Virtual Machine running 32bit Windows.

Cheers,

Sam
    Thats true, but HVACPRO will work with Win 7 Professional 32 bit without problems.

UA Local 9

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpilot View Post
    Thats true, but HVACPRO will work with Win 7 Professional 32 bit without problems.
    Good day,

Absolutely. My post was to clarify that it will not work with 64 bit Windows natively.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and help. I got the file and reinstalled everything and test connected to a controller in the office. All went well.