Thread: R410A Burnouts

R410A Burnouts

Has anyone run across many 410a burnouts? I am just wondering if the old smell the freon to check burnouts still applies, or if there is a better way to do it in hte field? Also with a 410 burnout does the lineset need changed regardless of severity?

You don't need to change the lineset just apply normal cleanout functions like purging with nitrogen and a suction liquid line FD, they even have a solvent you can flush it with. You can get an acid check kit too.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Ok Thanks. I had someone trying to tell me with 410a that the lineset had to be changed no matter how bad a burnout, and wasnt looking forward to breaking that to the customer.

Just flush it out.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by TXTech1 View Post
    Ok Thanks. I had someone trying to tell me with 410a that the lineset had to be changed no matter how bad a burnout, and wasnt looking forward to breaking that to the customer.
    Did they explain their reasoning for that??

Yea I'd also like to hear the reasoning .... ask the guy further info because im sure we'd all love to hear what he said !

flush it out real good with a bottle or 2 of nitrogen. put oversized hh driers on them. add some acidaway if you want. and make sure there is a pressure tap on both sides of the suction and liquid drier so you can check PD

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    You don't need to change the lineset just apply normal cleanout functions like purging with nitrogen and a suction liquid line FD, they even have a solvent you can flush it with. You can get an acid check kit too.
    Carrier suggested through a memo last summer not to use the flush on their units upon changing over to 410a or cleaning lines due to the residue that coats seals and keeps them from being oiled during operation.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    flush it out real good with a bottle or 2 of nitrogen. put oversized hh driers on them. add some acidaway if you want. and make sure there is a pressure tap on both sides of the suction and liquid drier so you can check PD

Flushing with nitrogen is recommended and injecting hemoglobin is my brainstorm idea.. I guess they need to watch the money because of those beautiful Bristols..

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph'bidness View Post
    Flushing with nitrogen is recommended and injecting hemoglobin is my brainstorm idea.. I guess they need to watch the money because of those beautiful Bristols..
    Hemoglobin injection?

This is a condenser line set, not a vampire-bat.

Maybe he meant Hemotobin

Isn't injecting hemoglobin one of the things that Lance Armstrong did? I never heard of blood doping an ac unit.