Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So you declare someone stupid just because they walked in your home, we live in the biggest cultural mixing bowl in the world....and there are some countries where it is fine to walk in a person's home.....but here in America we blow your face off and ask questions later.
    In most Southern states it is a capital crime to break into a occupied house and you can shoot them dead and if convicted of breaking into a occupied home they will get mandatory life in prison weapon or not it. It doesn't matter at all even if he doesn't have a pocket knife he gets life or shot to death with no legal problem whatsoever. This is not California thank heavens. Hugh I hope you read this loud and clear the rest of the US is not California.

I know of a case when I lived in Salisbury, NC back in the 70's where a bugler broke into a house when the were supposed to be on their vacation but after leaving came back unexpectedly a few hours later and parked their car in the garage and went to bed.

The bugler aware of their plans broke in and was caught. He was tried in a capital case of home invasion. The penalty was life and his attorney argued that he should be tried for burglary which he plead guilty and not home invasion since he was sure no one was inside and had no intent of breaking into an occupied home.

The judge didn't buy it and he got life. That's how it is in the South and I don't know about the liberal blue states where you don't have hardly any property rights. What a joke.

Here in Georgia if a person breaks into your house while you are there he can be killed immediately. Are you supposed to find out after being shot if he has a weapon or not before you shoot. What a joke and it's a shame some folks and states like California think that way. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

Im calling BULL CRAP, now your just trolling

How did you wire this door knob? please be specific. I guarantee your going to jail right after a cop grabs that door handle to test it to see if it's locked or not.......

This quite possibly the most irresponsible thing I have read in some time, seriously.
    You're right....I didn't wire electricity yo the doorknob....I wired it to the striking plate which has rubber a half inch thick on all sides. I'm going to jail? I don't think so....cops don't randomly check for locked doors around here...maybe in NYC...but not here. The only people around here that grab doorknobs are thieves and the people who live in the house.

There are no housing codes where I live, and judges here don't play games with criminals like they do in the big cities.

You're right....I didn't wire electricity yo the doorknob....I wired it to the striking plate which has rubber a half inch thick on all sides. I'm going to jail? I don't think so....cops don't randomly check for locked doors around here...maybe in NYC...but not here. The only people around here that grab doorknobs are thieves and the people who live in the house.

There are no housing codes where I live, and judges here don't play games with criminals like they do in the big cities.
    Would it be OK if I set a tripwire in my backyard?

These types of things. Setups with INTENT to cause serious bodily harm are generally illegal, and if someone is injured by them, YOU, as the homeowner and creator of them are liable for any and all damages caused by them.

once again BULL CRAP~~~~~ rubber on all sides, whats the point of wiring then. You don't have a clue what your talking about or what your doing. YOU should be disbarred from any firearms. Your reckless and irresponsible.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny neither would it be practical to use water cannons either unless the gang bangers gave advance notice that they were going to attack cars at this address.
    You can bet the police were notified of the ‘riot’ but they were too scared to move in without sufficient backup. In the time it took the cops to amass they could quell the whole thing with one water cannon truck. No deaths. No cracked heads. No discrimination or abuse lawsuits.

In that weather water would sober then right up.

LOL! I would like to see a photo of the rubber lined striking plate!!!!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

i would shoot him dead where i found him in my home , and unless a nieghbor calls the police i would have to think about it for a minute whether or not to call the police or bury him in the field because im pretty sure he didnt tell anybody where he was going. but if i did call the police im sure it would make the news and then we could here his family say what a good boy he was and how he never got in trouble

once again BULL CRAP~~~~~ rubber on all sides, whats the point of wiring then. You don't have a clue what your talking about or what your doing. YOU should be disbarred from any firearms. Your reckless and irresponsible.
    Like my wife you need way too many details....the latch is metal....the striking plate is metal....when the door is closed the latch is inside the striking plate making contact. My lord.

You have the balls to call me irresponsible when you would shoot anyone that walks in your house? You know just pointing a gun at them would stop them in their tracks.

Anywho I'm done, just lost a member of my family and I already have 13 hours of overtime this week. Have fun plotting your killing sprees. See you in Hell.

You seem to make the assumption people with guns WANT TO KILL SOMEONE, you would be wrong.....as usual.
    It’s because I could three name three people here that would probably shoot him (especially if he was black) knowing that there were no witnesses and that he was armed and well inside their house.

Remember, in regards to shooting a bad guy, you only speak for yourself, not for all gun owners.

You don't have to tell me...my house just got robbed a few months back. In the end, the peace of mind and security issue went away since I wired 110 to the doorknob....and the items stolen were just a bunch of things I didn't need anyway.

The problem is...you don't know who is walking in your door or why, someone some day is gonna blow some innocent person's brains out over this fear factor...and that my friend is much much worse than dying.
    Wiring you door knob is a TRAP, and is against the law. How would you feel if someones grandma accidentally opened you door and "ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzAP.....Pooof" she drops dead from shock....not the electricity per se, but from the shock of being shocked. Hope you can make good friends with Bubba.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Would it be OK if I set a tripwire in my backyard?

These types of things. Setups with INTENT to cause serious bodily harm are generally illegal, and if someone is injured by them, YOU, as the homeowner and creator of them are liable for any and all damages caused by them.
    While I will agree with you here for most states except for Tennessee however when a felony is involved. Back in the 60's Tennessee legislature passed a law stating that if someone is injured on your property while in the act of commiting a felony (break into a house, barn, stealing a car, etc.) they cannot sue you for any injury or death they sustain.

This law was triggered by a famous case in MO. a year earlier when a bugler lost the use of both legs breaking into a farmer's empty house going through a window. He had done twice before. The farmer rigged a shotgun to the window and the bugler sued the farmer who lost his farm to the now convicted wheel chair bound bugler.

The country was outraged and Tennessee passed a law then so it could never happen there when a bugler gets it breaking into a house, barn, etc. I think it is a great law. All states should have it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It’s because I could three name three people here that would probably shoot him (especially if he was black) knowing that there were no witnesses and that he was armed and well inside their house.

Remember, in regards to shooting a bad guy, you only speak for yourself, not for all gun owners.
    I don't have to speak for anyone else. it doesn't matter. If someone is in your home illegally, no further justification is necessary
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

I don't have to speak for anyone else. it doesn't matter. If someone is in your home illegally, no further justification is necessary
    I'm going to put signs in front of my yard that say "Trespassers Welcome". That way I can shoot them like a carnival game as soon as they step through the door just enough to not leave any body parts hanging out the door. That should make the liberal feel justified in their thinking.

Then again, that might end up in some of you good guy's loosing more gun rights or the right to protect yourselves. I will just lie in wait..muahhahaa!
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 02-26-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Then again:
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast