Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Yea, lets leave those old testy laws out of it ..... We have enough stupid laws on our hands without having to deal with that BS. Besides.... you gonna live by the old testy judicial laws.....you gonna have to live by those food and hygienic ones too.......lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I would shoot him so he doesn't break into someone else's home in the future.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

So according to some here....a person should only get one chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    only if Im feeling magnanimous.

If your STUPID enough to perform a home invasion, you should resign yourself to the fact that this could be your last act on this planet.

as John Wayne said "If your going to be stupid, you better be tough"
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Gibs,
    I have a question for you. You are lying on your bed taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon. There are no cars out front and your house looks unoccupied. You are awoken by a noise. You are not expecting anyone home at the time. You pick up your pistol, head to the bedroom doorway and lock eyes with a young white guy standing at the other end of the hall. He still has the crowbar in his hand that he used to break into your house. You have your gun trained on him. You have time to think about what’s happening. Your life is not in immanent danger but you could shoot him and get away with it under the law. Would you shoot him?

As a former California police officer I can tell you how it works brian. There are three primary elements that you need to show when you shoot at or actually hit someone in self-defense.

They are AOJ. Ability, Opportunity and Jeapordy

Your attacker must have the Ability to do serious harm to you or another. They must have the Opportunity to do serious harm and you must be in immediate Jeapordy of serious harm.

You must be able to show that all of these elements are present and you are actually in fear at the time. Every circumstance is different. But these are the three elements that the court looks for. In my police training we studied self-defense case example after example. Reviewed good and bad shootings over and over so we had both the legal theory and practical examples drilled into us. Every circumstance is different so unless you have all the possible evidence for that particular circumstance it is difficult to detemine the final outcome in a court of law. Lawyers for both sides will work the evidence both for and against you and possibly twist the facts to make their case and sway the jury.

State laws vary but AOJ elements do not. Some states allow you to use deadly force both in your home as well as out on the street. Some states limit or frown on the use of deadly force outside of you own home or off your property. However, AOJ still applies as the foundation of all encounters.

Anyone who obtains a concealed carry permit really needs to learn the laws and study deadly force cases where they live, work or carry a firearm. Just obtaining a carry permit is not enough!!!!! I carry concealed myself as do my wife and grown children. I have pounded this stuff into them over and over and we have discussed dozens of possible circumstances.

In the final analysis there is no guarantee of how a particular circumstance will work out in court! That said, it is still better to live to find yourself in court than die. Carrying a deadly weapon is a serious matter, a matter of life and death. One must be well convinced that they are willing to take the life of another and live with the result of you instant decision. If you can't do that then don't carry.

Slim to no chance if I can help it. See the AOJ elements in my previous post. My job is to increase my chance of living by the highest degree. I have no interest in giving an attacker any chance of harming me or my family or any other innocents whatsoever.

No, give him 2 chances to rape your daughter in case he can't bust a nut the first time because he's distracted by your yelling. Home invasion is not a mistake. It's not an accident. Smoking dope in high school is forgivable. Home invasion is not.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

only if Im feeling magnanimous.

If your STUPID enough to perform a home invasion, you should resign yourself to the fact that this could be your last act on this planet.

as John Wayne said "If your going to be stupid, you better be tough"
    So you declare someone stupid just because they walked in your home, we live in the biggest cultural mixing bowl in the world....and there are some countries where it is fine to walk in a person's home.....but here in America we blow your face off and ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

No, give him 2 chances to rape your daughter in case he can't bust a nut the first time because he's distracted by your yelling. Home invasion is not a mistake. It's not an accident. Smoking dope in high school is forgivable. Home invasion is not.
    Raping some one is completely different from home invasion.

Raping some one is completely different from home invasion.
    Got to start somewhere. Are you willing to risk it?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Gibs,
    I have a question for you. You are lying on your bed taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon. There are no cars out front and your house looks unoccupied. You are awoken by a noise. You are not expecting anyone home at the time. You pick up your pistol, head to the bedroom doorway and lock eyes with a young white guy standing at the other end of the hall. He still has the crowbar in his hand that he used to break into your house. You have your gun trained on him. You have time to think about what’s happening. Your life is not in immanent danger but you could shoot him and get away with it under the law. Would you shoot him?
    You can't just use a blanket hypothetical. I have been in similar situations a few times and I'm not in prison over shooting or killing someone.

That reminds me, I need to refill my 50 gallon drum of sulfuric acid and replenish my flame thrower tanks. Be back later.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post

Got to start somewhere. Are you willing to risk it?
    You're asking me if I'm willing to let a person get away and have a 50/50 chance of cleaning up or doing bad again? Yes I am....because if every single person had been killed that did one wrong thing in their life, the human race would barely exist.

So you declare someone stupid just because they walked in your home, we live in the biggest cultural mixing bowl in the world....and there are some countries where it is fine to walk in a person's home.....but here in America we blow your face off and ask questions later.
    Perhaps you would like to invite the home invader in for some tea and cookies and to discuss the cultural differences the two of you might have. Give them a candy cane, a diet Sprite, and send them on their way.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast