Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Anyone packing heat could not use it under those circumstances. You should learn a little more about CCW laws. You cannot shoot someone because they broke your window.

try again, many states allow CCW holder to protect property with deadly force, Texas for one. Im not sure about Arizona or Wyoming or Montana.

On top of that, Car jacking and Bank robbery is a Felony. Felony's can be defended with deadly force whether the perpetrator has a weapon or not. This is true even in NYS.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    try again, many states allow CCW holder to protect property with deadly force, Texas for one. Im not sure about Arizona or Wyoming or Montana.

On top of that, Car jacking and Bank robbery is a Felony. Felony's can be defended with deadly force whether the perpetrator has a weapon or not. This is true even in NYS.
    One of the bubbles Brian lives in is the CA bubble. If a madman wielding a gun and and a knife were breaking into his home and his grandchildren were sitting on his lap he would not be able to shoot the person until the perpetrator harmed someone. They could break in, threaten him with a gun and knife, tie everyone up and walk away with what they want.

I remember when the Midnight Stalker Serial Killer was on the loose down there. I called the Sheriffs and asked "would I be able to smack him upside his head with numb chucks if I caught him breaking into a window?". They told me If I did I had better drag the body into the house and be able to prove my life was in immediate danger.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post

One of the bubbles Brian lives in is the CA bubble. If a madman wielding a gun and and a knife were breaking into his home and his grandchildren were sitting on his lap he would not be able to shoot the person until the perpetrator harmed someone. They could break in, threaten him with a gun and knife, tie everyone up and walk away with what they want.

I remember when the Midnight Stalker Serial Killer was on the loose down there. I called the Sheriffs and asked "would I be able to smack him upside his head with numb chucks if I caught him breaking into a window?". They told me If I did I had better drag the body into the house and be able to prove my life was in immediate danger.
    To be honest, the bible speaks of not harming someone over worldly goods...if someone steals from you they are in your debt.

Anyone packing heat could not use it under those circumstances. You should learn a little more about CCW laws. You cannot shoot someone because they broke your window.
    I know here in Florida that it is considered vehicle burglary if the confines of your occupied vehicle are breached. It wouldn't be difficult to convince a grand jury that if the safety of your vehicle is being breached by a violent mob that you feared for your life. In that case the burden of proof would be on the thug assailant to explain why he was doing what he was doing when you shot him...if he survived.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    To be honest, the bible speaks of not harming someone over worldly goods...if someone steals from you they are in your debt.
    Slavery was part of life back then...I wonder if I captured him and put him in chains could I use him to mow my lawn until he re-payed his dept? LOL. If not, I guess if I bash someones head in for breaking into my house I will have to rely upon God's forgiveness.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

doesn't the bible also say something about if your enemy has a sword, you should have one to, or was that Gandhi??
    The Last four letters

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    doesn't the bible also say something about if your enemy has a sword, you should have one to, or was that Gandhi??
    I think it was this guy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W09ghiWskUk

ya, thats the dude LOL
    The Last four letters

any questions

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16 KJV

They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good. same verse NIV

Be careful of your quotes from the Bible there Student:
    2 Peter 2:20-22

King James Version (KJV)

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

I think what you were searching for was this:

Exodus 22 (King James Version)

1 If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. 2 If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die , there shall no blood be shed for him. 3 If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution ; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Gibs,
    I have a question for you. You are lying on your bed taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon. There are no cars out front and your house looks unoccupied. You are awoken by a noise. You are not expecting anyone home at the time. You pick up your pistol, head to the bedroom doorway and lock eyes with a young white guy standing at the other end of the hall. He still has the crowbar in his hand that he used to break into your house. You have your gun trained on him. You have time to think about what’s happening. Your life is not in immanent danger but you could shoot him and get away with it under the law. Would you shoot him?

Gibs,
    I have a question for you. You are lying on your bed taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon. There are no cars out front and your house looks unoccupied. You are awoken by a noise. You are not expecting anyone home at the time. You pick up your pistol, head to the bedroom doorway and lock eyes with a young white guy standing at the other end of the hall. He still has the crowbar in his hand that he used to break into your house. You have your gun trained on him. You have time to think about what’s happening. Your life is not in immanent danger but you could shoot him and get away with it under the law. Would you shoot him?

it depends on him, he makes on move towards me, he's done. if he turns and runs, he'll live. BUT my house is a 2 bedroom 900 sq ft ranch. so whatever happens, will be very close and very fast.

You seem to make the assumption people with guns WANT TO KILL SOMEONE, you would be wrong.....as usual.
    The Last four letters

any questions

I agree with Gibbys response. You call for him to freeze and drop the crow bar. If he runs and doesn't threaten anyone else, he lives. If he makes the slightest move that could be construed as a hostile move, I would probably shoot him.

Now, a more important question is: What difference does his race/ skin color make in this scenario? An intruder is an intruder. Race baiting like a good little fascist.

Now, if it was my wife or daughter, the law says they can drop him where he stands once he's inside the house. Some State laws Castle Doctrines only allow a male to shoot an intruder if the intruder has entered a sleeping room..........unless the intruder is threatening physical violence against anyone else in the house in which case, even outdoors, you can use lethal force to protect another..............except in Mass. where you have to watch someone die. Insanity.

Gibs,
    Hypothetical situations, particularly those described with so little detail as this one, are basically useless.

Get it through your head, Brian.

WE DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE!

We will if forced to, but it isn't something that we wake up each morning drooling for a chance to do.

Jeez.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast