Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Your arrogance is flat amazing! If you don't put all of your money in a bank you are automatically a criminal in your mind. Glad you live in Cali....Up here, a lot of business is still done on a handshake and you can take a man at his word.
    Show me a guy with $50K in a home safe and I'll show you a tax evader. Maybe acquired through a legal business like wholesale jewelry, construction & remodeling, but unclaimed non-the-less.

Show me how many time $50K is taken in a home invasion??? Making up numbers as usual I see.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The timed rate of fire included mag change. Rate of fire was 99% of their measurement, so rate of fire is very material.
    you can make that claim all day long, if the shooter had increased his rate of fire, his times would have been much less
    Not so. People do take cover and live because of it.
    ya and most people RUN, they panic. They want out, period. The ones that take cover within proximity to a shooter usually die

Five seconds is enough time for me to come out from behind a desk and tackle him. Especially when I know if he reloads I’m dead anyway.
    pretty brave talk for a guy behind a key board, tell us, how many deadly force situations you've been in???

That’s only after he shot everyone in his proximity and secured an area. Did he continue moving and killing for one hour? Not likely.
    now you are being a troll, you didn't even bother to read up on the Virgina Tech shooting did you. Cho killed 32 people in two separate attacks over a 2 HOUR PERIODbefore killing himself

If you had seven rounds and he had thirty, I’d put my money on you walking away. Besides, give the ban a decade or so and thirty round mags would be far too rare and expensive for them to acquire.
    Holy crap!!! You can not be serious? you actually believe an active shooter is a stroll on a Sunday afternoon? You have been watching to many movies. And how many innocent law abiding citizens have to die during your 10 year cooling off period.

There are about 3 million Modern sporting rifles on the market today. Many of those owners have 20 to 50 thirty round magazines for each firearm. I know of at least 10 guys that shoot competition that have 10 thirty round mags. it will be 30 years before any of them are off the market. Not mention, more than 80% of those 30 and 40 round mags ARE PLASTIC...Sheeesh

you really don't have a clue what your talking about.....
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Define "breaking and entering":
    breaking and entering v., n. entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime.

Note in some states the mere presence of an unwelcome intruder into the home is prima facie evidence of intent to commit a crime and deemed breaking and entering and/ or burglary. If you found a drunk asleep on your sofa that probably would not be grounds to shoot him. If he awoke and threatened you it probably would.

Brian is on drugs or needs to be. Personally, I really think he has followed in the footsteps of those other great bastions of Progressive brilliance such as Nutsalt, Tech Rob, Geerair, et al in deliberately posting flame bait just to stir up people with a conscience. It is hard for rational people to believe there are people out their that dumb and twisted. Then again, Obama was re-elected...

I guess people who don't trust the government and are worried about a catastrophic economic collapse where bank accounts and bank lock boxes will be seized as FDR did must be thieves, subversives and unpatriotic. Apparently, not leaving your wealth exposed where the government can confiscate it is deemed unpatriotic by the Left.

What now Brian: intruders must use the intercom to announce whether they intend to do bodily harm or not before they break in? Were you dropped on your head?

I can’t go to a track and practice my driving to be as skilled as Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon? Not likely. That guy was a pro with ‘hot set’ mags in front of him. Therefore the numbers they arrived at were fictitious in how they relate to the average crazy guy. Timing Michael Schumacher through slalom gates has no relationship to us, especially crazy people.

How many of these crazy shooters showed they were as skilled as you guys? They are wanna-be commandos with only one advantage…their gun.

They are constantly on the move. They can’t keep their backs to the wall nor can they practice an assault or even imagine what it would be like. It’s all new to them.

The most brazen and effective of all shooters were the North Hollywood bank robbers. Their only advantage was not skill. It was their paraphernalia.
    There is a racetrack about 15 miles from here where I can go and learn to drive like a Pro. I can go and practice as often as I can afford.

I won't disagree that the typical shooter isn't terribly skilled. I've warned of a truly skilled shooter going bad since Columbine. It would make the Aurora shooter and Newtown look like a car accident.

I can move and keep my back protected at the same time. It's about tactics and intelligence.

Remember in North Hollywood that local gun shop owners were breaking the law by handing police officers proper weapons with which to deal with the shooters? I do.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hugh haven't you noticed that Brian and Student love supporting the know it all 'Progressive" elite (the media, Democratic Party, NEA ruining our kids with Marxist propaganda, etc.). Supporting the left with every word and thought. Thank you very much
    In defense of Astudent, he may be playing the role of "devil's advocate" to learn something. Young guy asking questions, nothing wrong with that. Not the same as dealing with a hardened liberal crusader, more like a young apprentice expecting solid answers to contemplate.

Of course we can still tar and feather him if you like, just to demonstrate that we have a good sense of humor.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Good example. Comparing a torturing, home invader to a residential laptop thief. It’s like comparing a pickpocket to Richard Dahmer. They are not equally violent in nature nor do they both deserve to be killed on sight. My bet is that the invaders knew what they were after…excessive amounts of illegally acquired cash, drugs or jewels…not laptops.

I don’t know the stats but I’d imagine there are ten times the non-violent, residential thieves than there are torturing, home invaders. But hey, just kill them all.

As to my crowbar scenario, how do you even know he broke into your house? He may have walked through an open door, which is far less of a crime than breaking and entering. But hey, kill him anyway.
    Brian, you need to have your head examined. DW gave you an alternate scenario, a real one, not one hypothetical fluctuating in factual details like the made up fairy tale you gave. My respect for your opinion on this matter has now dwindled to .01%. I have followed this thread more so than being vocal, largely because I get the impression some of these other guys know more about the guns and laws than I do by a considerable margin. You have made no coherent argument.

If you just hate gun ownership, I understand, you are not alone as there are very many other Americans that feel the same way. But you have been handed your arse to you by these other guys on the matter of gun usage and self defense.

As for your crowbar scenario, a dumb scenario you make up or alter as you go along to suit your inferior 'argument'.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

As to my crowbar scenario, how do you even know he broke into your house? He may have walked through an open door, which is far less of a crime than breaking and entering. But hey, kill him anyway.
    Because I carry a crowbar everywhere I go....

Can you come up with a plausible, lawful reason that a person that I haven't invited would be in my home with a crowbar?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

Can you come up with a plausible, lawful reason that a person that I haven't invited would be in my home with a crowbar?
    I can. A deranged person like brian got a demolition job since he could not get employed in HVAC and his girl is threatening to leave him. Depressed, sad and lonely, he got drunk on pay day and staggered home with his only tool they gave him at work,.. a crowbar. Lives with his unimpressed girlfriend. He knocked, tried the knob, but could not get in. Thank god it was not Astudent's door or he would be electrocuted to death. Goes to the back door, finds it unlocked and walks in. Depressed about his job, sad about his romantic failure, innocently carrying his crowbar from his lowly job, he walks around the corner of the hallway in his drunken delirium without realizing he is in the wrong house. He had a bad day, has a nasty look on his face like he hates the world.

You hear a noise and investigate as he trips over a floor. [very drunk people can actually do that] You see the guy in your hall, you have nothing but your tighty-whiteys and a .45. Do you shoot? I don't know, but if you do and I am on the jury you are walking. I doubt that would even go to trial in Texas, but just a theoretical comment. An intruder with a crowbar should generally be considered hostile, there may be more to it than what is obvious, but such should be shot and killed on sight as a practical matter for personal safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    But you have been handed your arse to you by these other guys on the matter of gun usage and self defense.
    Have you ever witnessed a pro-gun person being handed his ass in a debate? In your experience it is an impossibility, so your statement and observation is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    if the shooter had increased his rate of fire, his times would have been much less
    The rate of fire was shorter during smaller mag usage. Simply watch the video. He shot faster with the AR between the 20mag and the (2) 10 mag. With the pistol between the (2) 15 mags and the (3) 10mags and with Christy between the (3) 10mags and the (5) 6mags.

What I wonder is how do you guys that do this all the time not notice this? I am the one that isn’t supposed to know anything about guns. Are you really the experts that didn’t see any of this? The term Kool-Aid comes to mind.

ya and most people RUN, they panic. They want out, period. The ones that take cover within proximity to a shooter usually die
    You are privy to how people scatter in these scenes?

pretty brave talk for a guy behind a key board, tell us, how many deadly force situations you've been in???
    Re-read what I said before jumping on your keyboard. I said there was amply time. I did not say I would do it.

now you are being a troll, you didn't even bother to read up on the Virgina Tech shooting did you. Cho killed 32 people in two separate attacks over a 2 HOUR PERIODbefore killing himself
    You are right, I did not read up on those scenes, that is why my sentence ended in a question mark. So the shooter moved freely about for two hours killing people while the cops had donuts outside?

Holy crap!!! You can not be serious? you actually believe an active shooter is a stroll on a Sunday afternoon? You have been watching to many movies. And how many innocent law abiding citizens have to die during your 10 year cooling off period.
    Far fewer than if they are not banned and collected? You make no sense, or should I say Holy Crap!

There are about 3 million Modern sporting rifles on the market today. Many of those owners have 20 to 50 thirty round magazines for each firearm. I know of at least 10 guys that shoot competition that have 10 thirty round mags. It will be 30 years before any of them are off the market. Not mention, more than 80% of those 30 and 40 round mags ARE PLASTIC...Sheeesh
    They won’t be owning them if they are made a felony to own. They will be turned in or sold to collectors or the black market. Either way, they will become valuable collectors items, like hand grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Define "breaking and entering":
    breaking and entering v., n. entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime, this is burglary. If there is no such intent, the breaking and entering alone is probably at least illegal trespass, which is a misdemeanor crime.
    Your knowledge obviously comes from the internet, not experience.

Note in some states the mere presence of an unwelcome intruder into the home is prima facie evidence of intent to commit a crime and deemed breaking and entering and/ or burglary.
    Read up on your constitutional rights. Being guilty of one crime does not make you guilty of another unrelated crime.

I guess people who don't trust the government and are worried about a catastrophic economic collapse where bank accounts and bank lock boxes will be seized as FDR did must be thieves, subversives and unpatriotic. Apparently, not leaving your wealth exposed where the government can confiscate it is deemed unpatriotic by the Left.
    Now you are sounding like a whacked out survivalist. The dollar will likely be devalued. Your cash stash will not save you.

What now Brian: intruders must use the intercom to announce whether they intend to do bodily harm or not before they break in? Were you dropped on your head?
    You know the stats. Probably nine out of ten people entering your home illegally have no intention of hurting anyone. They just want your laptop, but you better shoot them anyway because of it’s what you’ve been practicing for.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

A crowbar in hand is evidence of intent to break and enter for the purpose of burglary, not necessarily to do bodily harm.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617 LastLast