US Aiding Radical Muslim Terrorists to Overthrow more secularl regimes.

Before it was the radical Muslim terrorists in Eygpt then Libya and now the terrorist controlled rebels in Syria. We are financing our enemies and the enemy of Western Civilization and the rest of the world.

Unbelievable. Sure Assad is no friend of ours but he is not our mortal enemy like the Al Qaeda. Soon we will have not only most of the Muslims who are anti Western Civilization but most of the governments also like Iran, Libya and soon to be Eygpt. Thank you Obama. Thank you very much.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/1...with-radicals/
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

For the life of me I cant figure out our Mid east policy lately. All I know is we're damned in their eyes no matter what we do. We should just stay out of it. I know its too late to turn back the clock but we really should mind our own business and let them handle their own business as much as possible.

Globalist bankers dont want them to handle their own business.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

You're acting like this is news. Is your memory failing you in your old age?

Remember Sadam, Osama, The Shah of Iran, the Taliban?
    This is what your country's foreign policy is: finance the rise of your enemy, so you have a reason to justify massive defense budgets in the years to come.
    It's worked well in the past, why stop now?

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    You're acting like this is news. Is your memory failing you in your old age?

Remember Sadam, Osama, The Shah of Iran, the Taliban?
    This is what your country's foreign policy is: finance the rise of your enemy, so you have a reason to justify massive defense budgets in the years to come.
    It's worked well in the past, why stop now?
    We usually had a reason. At the time supporting the Taliban seemed like our best interest because they were fighting our "mortal enemy" of the time Russia. The Shah was our puppet and certainly better for us than Imadinajacket. And we also felt that at the time Saddams more secular government was better than the Iranian muslim regime. I know this was all a tangled web but I at least was able to make some sense of it. Nowadays I just cant follow our motives at all.

But it's the same old game, just different players!
    In 20 years we'll be able to say the same thing about ghaddafi, Assad and mubarak's successors.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

The US government is giving limited arms to groups in Syria. It also cut off supplies to one group that has ties to terrorist organizations. Just so happens that group was one of the most organized groups fighting.

US to declare leading Syrian opposition group foreign terrorist organization

The US may soon name the Syrian rebel al-Nusra Front, one of the strongest among the opposition, a foreign terrorist group. The designation is likely to complicate the opposition’s fight against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The US Department of State has been collecting evidence against the group for several months to classify the Islamic radicals as a foreign terrorist organization. Officials believe the designation will come before the Friends of Syria meeting, which is scheduled for Dec. 12 in Morocco.
    http://rt.com/usa/us-opposition-group-terrorist-449/

Why do you guys care about what happens in Syria? The above group is Islamist and are jockeying for power in Syria. Then there are the ordinary people trying to take back their country. Then there are the criminal element that is using the situation there to grab power of their own. Basically you have a Somalia in the making. The last thing anyone wants is a country in the region to fall into that level of lawlessness and destabilize all the other countries surrounding it.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Classic US foreign policy. We support some one that we think is better for our interests, that ultimately bites us in the future. We do this again and again and can't seem to figure out that meddling in the affairs of other nations gets us nothing but trouble.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The saying works for our social policies at home our or foreign politicly of the last century.