+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lennox 90+ g/f

Post Likes

Lennox 90+ g/f

Went on an after hours warranty call today. My company just installed it yesterday. I didnt learn until I was there that 2 helpers did this install. It clearly showed. Went out the back door and heard the draft motor running with the flue full of water. Got into the muddy messy crawlspace and couldnt believe my eyes. The furnace trap was installed laying down horizontal. The flue had a 5'section on exhaust side with no pitch. I could hear it full of water. The furnace wasnt level. The furnace hangers were reused. I guess they didnt think about checking it. I spent four hours there fixing all this mess and then checking everything. Have to get a new trap and go back with it. They glued a coupling on the incoming side it and it needs to be a 90.

The install instructions didnt mention much about the drains. Pretty much the trap only. I had a time getting all the water out it. Luckily there wasnt any moisture in the pressure switch tubes. It was running good when I left.

I just dont know why Lennox doesnt have any drain tubes off of the draft motor housing? Lennox n00b here. Any ideas? Any tricks or tips for me to do get the water out easier next time? I pulled the draft motor out and found shavings from the pvc pipe they didnt clean before connecting it. What a way to spend a Sunday. Missed the race too! Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    They don't have drains on the inducer because if the furnace is installed properly, you don't need them.
    The drain trap on that furnace can be installed up to 5 ft away from the furnace as long as the drain pipe is sloped toward the trap. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what kind of fitting its attached to. Common sense and good practice should prevail!

Sorry you had such trouble man!

Post Likes
    I realize that it doesnt matter what kind of fitting goes on it. But on this application with the limited space I need a 90 to come off that trap. The guys laid the trap horizontally. The trap has to be vertical in order to hold water. It was mounted remotely. It needs to be dug out to get enough clearance. Condensate pump will have to be lowered and the ac primary will have to modified as well. Needs 8" of clearance for trap. Only had about 5". Sorry no pic. Hands were too dirty to mess with phone.

I realize that if the flue has the 1/4" per foot rise and the furnace is level that gravity will force the water back to the drain. Unfortunately it wasnt installed properly. So I see what you mean about not needing drains off inducer housing. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I understand what your saying. That sounds brutal! I'd suggest raising the furnace, but then I suppose your venting would be out of slope.

Good luck

Post Likes
    Lennox does have a retro for inducers that collect and hold water.

In my opinion it is the dumbest engineering idea, but done correct it works.

They have you drill a hole in the inducer at one of the bottom bosses(their term not mine) into the inducer at an angle, attach tubing and run it to a drain.

While this can work, extreme care is needed or you ruin an inducer and have to buy a new one to try again. Why not manufacturer them with a hole in it already and plug it?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    That modification is for the older high efficients like the g26 and g32.

There's no provision for that one the new one he's working on

Post Likes
    I don't see your GF or pictures

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    That modification is for the older high efficients like the g26 and g32.

There's no provision for that one the new one he's working on
    I did not see what unit he is working on listed. While he did say NEW yesterday one can only assume.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in