Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymick View Post
    Midwest or GA,

I can't find the thread with the video you mentioned... can you post a link?

Thanks.
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post15346851

Quote Originally Posted by midwesthvactech View Post
    Not busting your balls ga-tech but do you recall where you saw that article. I would love to have it for our next service meeting. We have guys who pull 100 micron and lower vacuums.

I personally do 1000 break with nitro and down to 450 - 400.

http://www.jbind.com/pdf/Deep_Vacuum.pdf

"There are many recommendations regarding evacuation levels, some of which state: “Evacuate the system to below 200 microns.” This should not be considered. Note that the word “system” is used here, because it is possible to evacuate piping or some component other than the compressor to below
    this level. Refrigeration oil has a vapor pressure and, by going below 200 microns, you will degas particles of the refrigeration oil. Be aware that if you change the makeup of the oil, it will no longer be a true lubricating oil."

Refrigeration oil has a vapor pressure and, by going below 200 microns, you will degas particles of the refrigeration oil. Be aware that if you change the makeup of the oil, it will no longer be a true lubricating oil.
    While technically true, I don't think that the average tech should worry themselves over-much about this.

Just like dehydrating a system with a vacuum pump, it's about micron level and TIME.

The TIME factor is often ignored.

If you left your pump on it, running, at a vacuum level of 100 microns for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes; I don't see you removing enough of these additives to create a problem.

If you left that pump running for days on end at the same vacuum level...

im not sure brand unless i go look but i think YJ 2 stage 6cfm and i have two ones 15 yrs old and my backup but still works great and this one is like 5 yrs old and again works great..

update for those who were enlightened me to read up on properly evacuating a system. My 2 appion megaflow basic kits came in Friday. I also got my new yj superevac 6 cfm. I also picked up a vacuum tree until I can get a chance to find or make a tee fitting to just fit to my pump...mainly because the tree has multiple places it could leak and is so daggum bulky and awkward. I have 2 indoor coil changeouts to do Wednesday so I will add another reply with the results of the new setup. on average with a fair length lineset it would take me around a hour to a hour and a half to pull into 300-400 range with valve cores removed through 1/4 hoses. Im really hoping to see a very great decrease in time to pull a good vacuum. thanks again for all the recommendations and advice.

Don't forget to apply for pro staus now that you hit 15 posts. Just be prepared to wait. It takes a LONG while for most.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    update for those who were enlightened me to read up on properly evacuating a system. My 2 appion megaflow basic kits came in Friday. I also got my new yj superevac 6 cfm. I also picked up a vacuum tree until I can get a chance to find or make a tee fitting to just fit to my pump...mainly because the tree has multiple places it could leak and is so daggum bulky and awkward. I have 2 indoor coil changeouts to do Wednesday so I will add another reply with the results of the new setup. on average with a fair length lineset it would take me around a hour to a hour and a half to pull into 300-400 range with valve cores removed through 1/4 hoses. Im really hoping to see a very great decrease in time to pull a good vacuum. thanks again for all the recommendations and advice.
    My Appion TEZ8 could pull that vacuum through a Titan 2 manifold in less than 30 min... maybe 20 min if the lineset was relatively clean inside... might even make 250 microns. I left it on a 50'~ lineset and 4 ton AH for an hour... had something like 150 microns... through a manifold. (Note the manifold does have a 3/8 vacuum hose).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

http://youtu.be/eGLYAmjWkvA

Just showing what a good setup can do for your evacuation time.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://youtu.be/eGLYAmjWkvA

Just showing what a good setup can do for your evacuation time.
    this is the video that opened my eyes and what convinced me to purchase the megaflow basic kits.the full kits are out of my price range after the vacuum pump but next money to come in ill be ordering the bluvac gauge. Thanks for the info to!

this is the video that opened my eyes and what convinced me to purchase the megaflow basic kits.the full kits are out of my price range after the vacuum pump but next money to come in ill be ordering the bluvac gauge. Thanks for the info to!
    Build your own kit, piece by piece as you can afford it.

I don't have a full mega-flow kit, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    My Appion TEZ8 could pull that vacuum through a Titan 2 manifold in less than 30 min... maybe 20 min if the lineset was relatively clean inside... might even make 250 microns. I left it on a 50'~ lineset and 4 ton AH for an hour... had something like 150 microns... through a manifold. (Note the manifold does have a 3/8 vacuum hose).
    yeah, because 8cfm isn't overkill <G>
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Build your own kit, piece by piece as you can afford it.

I don't have a full mega-flow kit, either.
    don't need to buy a full magnaflow kit... if you know which parts and pieces to buy
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    don't need to buy a full magnaflow kit... if you know which parts and pieces to buy
    This is true.

It also depends on what pump you use and what equipment you're working on.

I'm good to go with 3 x 3/8" hoses off of a 7CFM pump. I've also got 2 VCRTs that I don't typically use both of because I've got service valves to use.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast