Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    thanks for all the replies im definitely going to look into johnstones spring sale

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    More important that the PUMP that you buy, is the evacuation setup that you use, IMO.

Most any pump sold today will pull a system down to an adequate vacuum. We can debate this point or that point about JB vs YJ vs Brand X all day. A pump is, for the most part, a pump.

More important for good, deep and fast evacuations is the stuff that you put in between the pump and the system.

Make sure that you've got good core remover tools, good, large internal diameter hoses and a good micron gauge.
    I agree with that but the longevity of some pumps is subpar that's what I look at. My company supplies the vac pump though so they can buy all the junky ones they want and replace them 2 times a year.

Id take a chance on ebay. I got a used yj for 1/4 the new price

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    I agree with that but the longevity of some pumps is subpar that's what I look at. My company supplies the vac pump though so they can buy all the junky ones they want and replace them 2 times a year.
    I have to seriously question the usage of a pump that has to be replaced twice a year...

I have a CPS 6 cfm and it works good. I also have a yj super evac 6. Both work great but I usually go for the CPS first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  79.2 KB

I find JB pumps dont like to fall 20ft from a roof.. opps!

Quote Originally Posted by Hate2obey View Post

Nice! If the insides are still intact you can replace the cover. The new style fits the old pump.

Yeah it's been sitting in my shed for about two years now. Haven't found time to work on it. Would be easier jus to sell it and be somebody else's headache. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used pump. Runs great! Leaks a little oil.. Lol

Yeah it's been sitting in my shed for about two years now. Haven't found time to work on it. Would be easier jus to sell it and be somebody else's headache. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used pump. Runs great! Leaks a little oil.. Lol
    Cheap? PM me...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jbcrane View Post
    I have a CPS 6 cfm and it works good. I also have a yj super evac 6. Both work great but I usually go for the CPS first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Same here on the CPS.
    Dual voltage
    Super quiet!!!
    It's my favorite pump I ever owned (favorite, not best)
    I'll agree with JP on the "pump is a pump" comment based on actual performance measures.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

i had the red jb pump i believe it was a jb. but anyways after i picked it up i seen several different brands with the same shape/ model with other names slapped on it. anyways i was working on a walk in freezer replace txv icecream was getting soft fast. so i rope my stuff to the roof i only make one knot through the pump i rope it up fine. until it hung up on the edge of the roof hatch and it dropped about 20' to the ground and oil went everywhere. the roof hatch was inside the store so the oil was everywehere on the floor and walls lol the oil cover broke in half. lucky thing i was close to my house 10 mins away. i had a spare

I also agree with the fact that a pump will only do so much based on your setup. The main reason im asking about only pumps is because its a required tool for my upcoming promotion and I wont get the money with the promotion if I don't have the tools on the list. That being said 1/2" hoses aren't on the list however a micron gauge is. I will probably end up just get the vg64 like ive always used and have grown to like....but I am looking into the sman4 manifold also so I want to get something that will work with the larger hose setup. Im not real knowledgeable on this subject but I have seen discussions about measuring the true vacuum based on location of the micron gauge. so that being said I would want something closer to what im pulling a vacuum on?correct me if im wrong.

Appion TEZ8. The oil setup and accessibility alone is way worth it. Combine that with a 1/2" hose, schrader core removal valves, and appions megaflow manifold and you're golden.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast