Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

whats yall vacuum pump preference??

Ill be buying a new vacuum pump in the near future and would like some opinions on what kind of pumps yall favor. I currently have a jb 6 cfm that is my companys. I wanting to get my own as it is also company requirement for me to get my next promotion. I like the jb and especially for the price. If no other opinions i will more than likely be buying one just like it. Im also tryin to keep it in the 400+- range as far as cost

I would buy the Yellow jacket super vac 6CFM or a lot of Mexicans like the JB Platnium. If money is no option then the Appion I would go with. I just scored a yellow jacket 7CFM bullet. It does what I need it to. If I bought new it would be the yellow jacket super vac.

I have a JB and an NRP, the NRP 6 CFM is very big and takes a 1/2 gallon of oil, I would not buy a big oil capacity pump like that again? The JB 5 CFM does just as good a job with a quart of oil. I owned a couple of Robinairs in the past and they were good pumps as well.

just don't get the uniweld brand pump there cheap and don't last.

X2 on the appion. If you have the money... I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appions are nice. We have a couple. We primarily have JB 10 cfms. They are bullet proof and some of them have been around a while and have pulled down a lot of systems. I am still not completely sold on the longevity of the Appions, but only time will tell. They are quick though.

Heads up.... Johnstone Supply is having a spring tool sale starting March 1st. It looks like they have 6 pumps on sale to choose from.

The next vacuum pump purchase I'm responsible for will be an Appion TEZ8.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I bought the JB eliminator 6cfm right out of school 6 years ago. It is an 'entry level' pump, I guess. It's a two stage pump and it pulls a good vacuum. It does not have a blank-off valve, which I modified. It does not have a gas balast valve which has not been an issue. It's on sale at johnstone next month for $289 and I would buy it again.

JB the heavy 6 CFM one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

best pump money can buy, is a YJ super evac, i have a 5cfm, which is more than enough for most any resi commercial work.

that appion pump is a bit cumbersome and 8cfm is overkill, unless you're routinely pulling down 200 ton chillers from atmosphere
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

More important that the PUMP that you buy, is the evacuation setup that you use, IMO.

Most any pump sold today will pull a system down to an adequate vacuum. We can debate this point or that point about JB vs YJ vs Brand X all day. A pump is, for the most part, a pump.

More important for good, deep and fast evacuations is the stuff that you put in between the pump and the system.

Make sure that you've got good core remover tools, good, large internal diameter hoses and a good micron gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Most any pump sold today will pull a system down to an adequate vacuum. We can debate this point or that point about JB vs YJ vs Brand X all day. A pump is, for the most part, a pump.
    I can agree there, I have owned 3 brands and they all worked pretty much the same.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast