Hilmor

Thread: Hilmor

Hilmor

I am not impressed with Hilmor. I ordered the compact tubing bender through Fierychill on March 2'nd it never shipped on March 4th when it was suppose to. I know recently Fierychill updated the ship date on hilmore products to be March 18th.
    I just spoke with Tim at Fierychill and he now tells me they new ship date will be mid April.
    I canceled my order and I am not too impressed with Hilmor.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    I am not impressed with Hilmor. I ordered the compact tubing bender through Fierychill on March 2'nd it never shipped on March 4th when it was suppose to. I know recently Fierychill updated the ship date on hilmore products to be March 18th.
    I just spoke with Tim at Fierychill and he now tells me they new ship date will be mid April.
    I canceled my order and I am not too impressed with Hilmor.
    definitely not a good start for the New Kid On the Block.

But then, a lot of new releases from the big players have been similarly delayed. But Hilmor just starting out here in the US can ill-afford these on-going delays and expect to keep any traction in the sales place.

Why's everybody in such a hurry to buy this shiny plastic crap made by 5 year olds in Guatemala?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Why's everybody in such a hurry to buy this shiny plastic crap made by 5 year olds in Guatemala?
    The ratcheting tubing bender Hilmore will allegedly have available for people to purchase at some point in time, is an order of magnitude higher quality than the Yellow Jacket one many of us have, if for no other reason than it has metal bending shoes.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The ratcheting tubing bender Hilmore will allegedly have available for people to purchase at some point in time, is an order of magnitude higher quality than the Yellow Jacket one many of us have, if for no other reason than it has metal bending shoes.
    bwahahahahahaha
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I broke my 1/2" mandrel on some soft tubing. I called YJ and they told me even soft tubing should be annealed!

I am all for some metal mandrels.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I broke my 1/2" mandrel on some soft tubing. I called YJ and they told me even soft tubing should be annealed!

I am all for some metal mandrels.
    Yeah, it is sad such a great tool is saddled with cheap plastic bending mandrels.
    I've been seriously considering purchasing one of the cheap Chinese knockoff ratcheting bender kits from Ct. The ratcheting part is super low quality, but for around $130 you get metal bending mandrels, a reverse bending adapter, and 3 different widths of crossbars, all of which will work with your existing YJ ratcheting mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Yeah, it is sad such a great tool is saddled with cheap plastic bending mandrels.
    I've been seriously considering purchasing one of the cheap Chinese knockoff ratcheting bender kits from Ct. The ratcheting part is super low quality, but for around $130 you get metal bending mandrels, a reverse bending adapter, and 3 different widths of crossbars, all of which will work with your existing YJ ratcheting mechanism.
    Be kind enough to send me a link, please? Just add @gmail.com to my name, if you can send it to me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Be kind enough to send me a link, please? Just add @gmail.com to my name, if you can send it to me.

Thanks.
    Just do an ebay search for Ct999rf
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT999RF-Ratc...item51a9d1d65d