first hvac job interview

I graduated from trade school a few months and haven't really touched a unit since then. I've been putting out resumes since then and I now have my first interview in a few days. I was wanting to know what I should study beforehand as I am a little rusty. Thanks

Be honest..don't say you know everything..

Good luck.just be honest.

Believe me they know you don't know much. Do a brief look over your notes but do not worry to much. Just make sure at the end of the interview they think you will be a go getter. You will be happy with any task given and you will strive to improve and be the best investment they made. Good luck.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Fart and ask them why did they **** their pants.

No dont do that do what everybody else says

They will not expect you to know everything and realize you will need to be trained. You need to appear trainable. And clean, respectful etc.

If they allude to anything concerning availability, you need to convey to them in one way or another, that you have nothing in your way and you will be there on time and ready to work.

That's all they want at this point.

Don't pick your nose either...

What everybody else said, plus do a bit of research about the company you are interviewing at and have a few questions to ask at the end of the interview. I'm sure some will disagree with me on this, but dress for the position you are applying. You don't need a 3 piece suit for a technician interview. A nice button down shirt (tie optional imho) with Docker or similar pants and decent shoes. Have tools and work clothes in your vehicle so if they ask when you can start you can tell them "right now". Prepare to answer some of the most often asked questions. Why should we hire you, your strengths and weaknesses, etc. Be relaxed, get a good nights rest, and be yourself. Good luck!
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Leave the cell phone in your car.

The biggest thing in interviews is having the ability to sell yourself. Show that you are eager and ready to work. Show energy and the willingness to do whatever they want you to do. Stressing that you will always be there and on time is a big one. Make sure to say that they will not be disappointed if givin the opertunity. Last but not least. Always look the interviewer in the eyes. Never let your eyes wander over to the picture of his beautiful daughter. That won't work in your favor. TRUST ME!

Thanks for the replies. Another question I have is pay. What is a fair hourly pay rate for a first hvac job?

first hvac job interview

Quote Originally Posted by grahamrw2 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Another question I have is pay. What is a fair hourly pay rate for a first hvac job?
    What do you feel you are worth?

The future isn't what it use to be.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY