Trying to install new thermostat...help needed!

The old thermostat is a Carrier TSTATCCPLH01-B and the new is a Hunter 44905. The old thermostat had 10 wires connected, but I am not certain where since I did not remove the unit. The wires are:

Pink
    Red
    Blue
    Green
    Orange
    Gray
    Brown
    Black
    Yellow
    White

I removed the cover off the air handler and the wires were connected in the following manner:

DH - Pink
    R - Red
    W1 - White
    W2 - Empty
    Y1 - Empty
    Y/Y1 - Yellow
    O - Orange
    G - Green
    C - Blue

The two black wires were tied together with a wire nut.
    The two gray wires were tied together with a wire nut.
    The brown wire was tied together with another wire coming from the humidifier.

The new thermostat has the following labeled places for the wires:

Heat Pump:
    R
    Y
    G
    L
    O
    B
    A/E
    Y2
    C
    H

Conventional:
    Rh
    Rc
    Y
    G
    W
    W2
    Y2
    C
    A
    W3
    H

I'm not sure if my unit is a heat pump or a conventional unit. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

your best off to take the hunter back to the box store as it will not control the dh also if you dont know if you have a heat pump or not probably best off not trying to replace thermostat yourself
    We really need change now

I thought no DIY here. Isn't this that?

Sorry. Didn't intentionally mean to break the rules. How do I delete a post?

Quote Originally Posted by KFinn17 View Post
    Sorry. Didn't intentionally mean to break the rules. How do I delete a post?
    Eh.... Don't sweat it. It happens all the time. It's not you that gets in trouble posting stuff like that here...

It's when you stick your hand in that wiring inside your unit is when you get in trouble.

You've got a lot going on there. It's best for you to call a pro to get it sorted out.

Have you looked at the site's pro map to see if there is one in your area?

So trading a good quality, but horrible to program thermostat, for a horrible quality, but easy to program thermostat that doesn't run all the features of the system.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

without being present, there is no way for any tech to explain how a thermostat that was disconnected, without labeling... the wire color codes are a suggestion... MANY installers ignore that, and just hook up however they feel at the time.
    a tech needs to be on site to see where the wires go, and properly connect them.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    without being present, there is no way for any tech to explain how a thermostat that was disconnected, without labeling... the wire color codes are a suggestion... MANY installers ignore that, and just hook up however they feel at the time.
    a tech needs to be on site to see where the wires go, and properly connect them.
    Just had a phone call from my son in-law in Anchorage. He decided to replace his thermostat on his heating system with one from the big box store. Called "Dad", when the furnace wouldn't come on,,,,after about a half hour on phone, traced the problem to original installer using the yellow wire for W1. White wire was never hooked up to anything. Go figger
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

those cheap box store thermostats sure seem more expensive once they are properly installed and working because;

A) they are junk and usually do not control equipment as well.

B) you had to call a professional anyway because you can't get it to work properly.

Please realize the Pro charges what they do for a reason, profit on the part and knowledge of how to do it correctly. If it does not work or the equipment gets damaged they are on the line for it , NOT you.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ