+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Thread: Boiler Question

Post Likes
    OPW

Post Likes
    cost of install , and adding ac has taken steam pretty much out of residential market large facilities where moving heat many floors and not having vent piping to deal with, a lot of reasons for steam are best fit for building use and design if you spill some steam ..you might have to mop it... spill some flue gas people die. so it makes sense that hospitals favor steam there boilers are often remote located for that and noise /safety issues .

Post Likes
    Hell. With on site techs being phased out I should start retraining.
    Seriously tho, me and 8 other guys provide constant maintenance to 600k square feet. Working 6-11, we find plenty to do, and quite often it's central plant work. Just because it's new doesn't mean it won't break.
    The newest section is from 2012 and has DX RTU's with hot water heat, the older part, 1978, is either chilled water and hot water or WSHP depending on where you are. For what it's worth, the RTU'S have terrible modulation and I would prefer water. Also, being in Iowa our cold temp is -5F, tho two years ago we saw -28.

Post Likes
    No, I'm getting batty from the long hours. Going to sleep now, never mind me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in