Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mini split and a heat pump.

Just a 26 seer Mr Slim unit we put in a garage. The infinity had to be setup on blocks. Supposed to bring grade up to the bottom of the concrete pad. Frozen ground, always fun to work with.
    No pics of the indoor units, forgot... Oops

Looks nice.. What did you use for wire in your whip? I have gone to using 14-3 sjo cable on the mitsubishis. It is outdoor rated, stranded, and black. Saves time having to deal with the whips, looks a tad fancier and works excellent on the multi head units so you don't have to run 5 whips which are a pain to get into the knockouts..

I just use 14 gauge stranded wire. Bought some spools of it. I like the idea of the sjo, I used that stuff to make my extension cords. I would still put it in a whip. Im not really worried about saving that much time, more about doing quality work.

Look beautiful.

We have had problems with pump ups on those units though. The top of the pump up breaks because the legs don't equally distribute pressure.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Man....Carrier is still using a piston as the OD metering device, even on the Greenspeed?

Nice work BTW.

That's not a greenspeed, just a 2 stage heat pump. Personally I am a fan of pistons. They don't go bad is one reason!!!!! Greenspeed has an electronic expansion valve.

From what I have heard it is kind a flop. Know several companies that have put them in and are having issues with them..

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I saw the green on the label and you know...

O well.

Pretty sure all the Infinity's have that label now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Man....Carrier is still using a piston as the OD metering device, even on the Greenspeed?

Nice work BTW.
    X2, Im not fond of the location either. I've never regularly installed Carrier but if I did, I would carry a bunch of tee's to pipe in before the piston or something so I could check subcooling.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateCntlJohn View Post
    X2, Im not fond of the location either. I've never regularly installed Carrier but if I did, I would carry a bunch of tee's to pipe in before the piston or something so I could check subcooling.
    You have lost me? You can check subcooling on these units. I wish they would go back to pistons on the indoor coils. A lot less issues...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    You have lost me? You can check subcooling on these units. I wish they would go back to pistons on the indoor coils. A lot less issues...
    Sorry...let me clarify. I was X2'ing Brents comment about pistons on the outside, I do agree they have less problems than a TXV but I figured a 2 stage HP would utilize a TXV outside. And about the subcooling in HEAT MODE, because the gauge port on the LL is after the piston (low side), I was saying I'd personally add a port before the piston to get a true liquid pressure measurement right before the piston. Good lookin' installs in my book, I might add a sleeve through the wall for the line set though.

Not sure why folks do not like TXV's... if it is because there were some bad ones.... well there were some bad blower wheels a few years ago also... should we go to using fans in furnaces?

TXV's work as well as they are installed... maybe that is the issue???

BTW: Ever see a piston on a refrigeration unit?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

True dat man. I say we start using hampster wheels, authentically spun by a hampster haha. A piston on a reefer unit is interesting, dont believe Ive seen that...pics?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast