Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    looks dam good to me! i had a similiar situation but not as bad like a year ago but i rewired with all black mine was blaaah. but after seeing yours im curious was it under warranty? and if so do they give you the wiring also i noticed there were alot of pink wires or did you pick up a roll somewhere if i remember right lennox likes to use the pink coloring?
    I felt like retrofitting the unit to a 90's era lennox with all the red wire haha. I picked up a roll of red to make up for what I could not get of ready made wiring harnesses from Lennox. I'm still waiting on about 6 of the low voltage wiring harnesses for the A55 and add on boards. Once those come in, I will continue on this project. It's been a lot of fun running all the wires. I definitely learned a lot knowledge from this one. Yeah, in their new units the primary color code is pink yellow and blue.

Nice rewire. Looks real nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that looks really good. About how much time did you have in it?

Aside from the beautiful repair job, what I see is typical, useless/dangerous off-shore or South American components. Years ago a line current carrying part stood a decent chance of containing a major failure. No more although it is good for business. I always liked getting these jobs, the end result if it looked like this one was so very satisfying. Well done friend, this is how a professional does it.

I recall another unit fried almost as thorough as this one and it was a direct, solid lightening strike. It had a few burned wires too.

Nicely done looks like it was a mess but now you wouldn't have known it had a melt down

Quote Originally Posted by deerwhistle View Post
    Aside from the beautiful repair job, what I see is typical, useless/dangerous off-shore or South American components.
    What's the alternative? I haven't found an American made contactor. All China. We could at least get Mexican built until Furnas sold out to Mars...

The rebuild looks good, though.

nice job bro... hope you've shared your wiring technique to us...

aaahhhh ...
    they need a new unit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooked View Post
    That's obviously some kind of retrofit and not a very good one at that. I would have been embarrassed to leave such sloppy wiring in any unit. I think you did them a favor. Somebody or something let the smoke out. You put it back in, awesome job bro!
    The funny thing is that it came from the factory like that

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdaddyo View Post
    The funny thing is that it came from the factory like that
    Actually, I retract my statement. I just remembered something. This sports club has their technicians work on the a/c units. Their techs are there to fix all the work out equipment, not the a/c equipment. Most of my calls there have been for things their techs have messed up on the units or cannot figure out what's wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12