+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like your overload relay caused a small fire

Post Likes

Looks like your overload relay caused a small fire

This is a Humiditrol for a Pool area at a sports club. The blower motor shorted, and caused the overload relay to burn up. Which in turn caused a "small" fire in the electrical compartment. This was a fun one. I'm one and a half days in on the rebuild so far. I will post pictures when I'm complete with it. Just wanted to share the destruction pictures primarily.Name:  1.JPG
Views: 3435
Size:  171.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 3331
Size:  70.4 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 3312
Size:  49.5 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 3364
Size:  58.2 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 3291
Size:  64.5 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 3338
Size:  67.9 KB

Post Likes
    Dang! Looking much better ... Nice clean up

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Good job

Post Likes
    That's a impressive repair
    " dirty filter??!!! Buts its only 2 years old" You never learn everything you need to know is this industry

Post Likes
    Nice job... Beautiful work

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    That's obviously some kind of retrofit and not a very good one at that. I would have been embarrassed to leave such sloppy wiring in any unit. I think you did them a favor. Somebody or something let the smoke out. You put it back in, awesome job bro!
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

¯`·.¸¸ .·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

`·.¸¸..· ´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯` ·.¸>÷÷(((°>

.·´¯`· .¸>÷÷(((°>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Post Likes
    Beautiful repair, man. That's a quite a bit of wiring you've done, nice and neat too. Good work.

Post Likes
    I did a burnup rewire on a makeup air unit on a massive Bingo building roof in -20F with 30mph wind. Much less wiring damage but I'd do mine over again to avoid what you had!

Nice job!

Post Likes
    Great work. I honestly would not know where to begin with that. I honestly do know that I would not want to get that bill though.

Post Likes
    OMG! I'm going to have nightmares tonight that I was your helper and you just went away...

Looks great. Wait! Where are you going!!!???

Post Likes
    Small fire? Yikes! Nice work on the rebuild!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdaddyo View Post
    This is a Humiditrol for a Pool area at a sports club. The blower motor shorted, and caused the overload relay to burn up. Which in turn caused a "small" fire in the electrical compartment. This was a fun one. I'm one and a half days in on the rebuild so far. I will post pictures when I'm complete with it. Just wanted to share the destruction pictures primarily.Name:  1.JPG
Views: 3435
Size:  171.0 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 3331
Size:  70.4 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 3312
Size:  49.5 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 3364
Size:  58.2 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 3291
Size:  64.5 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 3338
Size:  67.9 KB
    looks dam good to me! i had a similiar situation but not as bad like a year ago but i rewired with all black mine was blaaah. but after seeing yours im curious was it under warranty? and if so do they give you the wiring also i noticed there were alot of pink wires or did you pick up a roll somewhere if i remember right lennox likes to use the pink coloring?

Post Likes
    Thanks everyone!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    looks dam good to me! i had a similiar situation but not as bad like a year ago but i rewired with all black mine was blaaah. but after seeing yours im curious was it under warranty? and if so do they give you the wiring also i noticed there were alot of pink wires or did you pick up a roll somewhere if i remember right lennox likes to use the pink coloring?
    I felt like retrofitting the unit to a 90's era lennox with all the red wire haha. I picked up a roll of red to make up for what I could not get of ready made wiring harnesses from Lennox. I'm still waiting on about 6 of the low voltage wiring harnesses for the A55 and add on boards. Once those come in, I will continue on this project. It's been a lot of fun running all the wires. I definitely learned a lot knowledge from this one. Yeah, in their new units the primary color code is pink yellow and blue.

Post Likes
    Nice rewire. Looks real nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Wow, that looks really good. About how much time did you have in it?

Post Likes
    Aside from the beautiful repair job, what I see is typical, useless/dangerous off-shore or South American components. Years ago a line current carrying part stood a decent chance of containing a major failure. No more although it is good for business. I always liked getting these jobs, the end result if it looked like this one was so very satisfying. Well done friend, this is how a professional does it.

Post Likes
    I recall another unit fried almost as thorough as this one and it was a direct, solid lightening strike. It had a few burned wires too.

Post Likes
    Nicely done looks like it was a mess but now you wouldn't have known it had a melt down

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deerwhistle View Post
    Aside from the beautiful repair job, what I see is typical, useless/dangerous off-shore or South American components.
    What's the alternative? I haven't found an American made contactor. All China. We could at least get Mexican built until Furnas sold out to Mars...

The rebuild looks good, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in