heat pump air return temperature in winter when thermostat temp is raised

In winter with outside temp at about 45F. Room temp is set at 62F. When I want room warmer and raise the thermostat temp to say 65F, what should the return air temp to the room be? I was thinking maybe 10 to 15 degrees higher than the 62f until room reaches 65F

Return air is the air in the room going back into the furnace/air handler to be conditioned. Unless you have large leaks drawing in unconditioned air it will be the same as the room temp.

Supply air should be around 25 degrees warmer than the return with the heat pump running in 45 degrees outside air. Raising the thermostat 3 degrees will often bring on the back up heat so the supply will be much warmer.

Is it also reasonable to conclude that the supply air will be much warmer (15 to 25 degrees) when the outside air is 60F and the theromstat temp is increased?

yes
    there is more heat outside to pull in with the heatpump, so at 60 ODT, you will have warmer supply air temp.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

A heat pump with electric aux heat shouldn't have the indoor set temp raised and lowered. it raises the electric bill a lot when the electric aux comes on.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

My main concern is how much the incoming air has increased while the room is heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by sailoday28 View Post
    My main concern is how much the incoming air has increased while the room is heating up.
    That will vary by the outdoor temp.

But raising the temp on the stat by 2 or more degrees will cost you a good amount of money by bringing on the strip/electric resistance heaters.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?