Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry about the confusion. I thought the condenser was already live. That's what was throwing me off.

All they need for that condenser is one of those old square coal/wood gravity furnaces grates/registers.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Well that condensing unit is safe. You will need a skill saw to get that out
    " dirty filter??!!! Buts its only 2 years old" You never learn everything you need to know is this industry

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    What you don't see is the clothes line above. That's why the basket of wet clothes is there. When the A/C is on it blows hot air on the clothes and you don't have to goto the laundry mat.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

It worries me that I have walked up to a unit not knowing if power could be feeding through the metal casing of the unit and the service disconnect. But seeing pics like that make me a little more cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    Its called parallel feeders.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    That's not even correct for parallel feeders, note that the red and black from one cable goes to the same terminal, and same for the other. This means that there is no return path for current going back through the conduit bushing. This is the same as a load conductor passing through a CT - it induces current in the bushing, which acts like a shorted turn and heats up. I have seen this same situation on parallel feeders to a chiller (800A bus) melt the bushing! In this case with the much lower current it would probably not get that warm, but it's still bad, legality notwithstanding....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12