Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Oh I see where this is headed.

No I wasnt referring to the schmucks who jump the border , I was talking about the moms and dads watching their children in a school play.

The border jumpers are a totally different situation , one thats getting out of hand indeed...

In my section of the city we have mostly indians , blacks , and those of the Soviet Union like russia and ukraine are slowly showing their faces , but whites still outnumber

Border jumpers are mostly down about 10 miles , but they are scattered some what

I wasn't talking about illegal border jumpers. I was talking about some to a lot of the attitudes of some to alot of the new folks crossing all our borders to become American citizens.

My son-in-law is from Lebanon. His parents tell of the killings and war stories growing up there. He and his brother and sisters talk of how unfair a lot of the laws/situations in America are. Same family, different generations. One thankful and eager to fit in and the kids demanding and only want the best of both of their worlds.

Oddly, his sister returned to Lebanon to see old friends. She is a writer for a popluar magazine and her trip was featured. She slept in her car all night because she was terrified to walk down the street at night and go into her old apartment building where she grew up and was staying. Yet she live in NYC and has none of the same fears but will complain about NYC and the American way of doing things.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Oic ....

Well im not around the public enough to gather much information about their opinions , largely not around the foreigners.

Only ones I come across are business owners , and they only want to talk about how much this is gonna cost.

Seems my life has been spent repairing something on a rooftop , or attic , or crawlspace , or in a garage.

So if the older generation foreigners are hard workers and contributed to the great US of A , then where are the youngins getting this information about we owe them something ?? From the parents , or school teachers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    or school teachers ?
    I have spent years in this business going into schools all over So. CA and Idaho doing audits and system evaluations. The indoctrination is all over the walls from the Green movement to campaign posters...not pictures....campaign posters. Little Johnny and Jane are their putty. It makes me sick.

I don't care what side of the isle you come from, children should not be taught what to think, but how to think for themselves.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I think most kids mirror their parents , and " most "is used loosely , and I say that largely because my dad worked his butt off , was hardly ever home , and I have apparently gone down the same path because I have pretty much worked my life away as well.

BUT , my lovely sister on the other hand ... she ran around with hoodlums , and has been on welfare since 18 , now shes 26 raising a half white kid , lives in some low income gov paid project , and as you can imagine my dad has struggled tremendously watching all that play out , all the while wondering where the hell he went wrong.

Guy across the street from me , little different scenerio , daughter was straight A kid ( unlike my sister ) did so well she got a free ride to college , and now hanging with hoodlums. WTF man.

So as it turns out , I guess it doesnt really matter how well you raise your kids , they are going to do what they dam well please after they get out from under the wing.

Then you have my 11 yr old boy , over at his moms ( yes the ex wife ) he hangs out with a kid whos dad got out of prison last year , and the mom n dad always fighting , dad dont work , its just not good at all , and I dont know how to explain to him thats just not the kind of friends you need to keep around son.

So I just bite my tongue and hope they move one day or something.

I mean its not like its the kids fault , so its a catch 22

Then you have my 11 yr old boy , over at his moms ( yes the ex wife ) he hangs out with a kid whos dad got out of prison last year , and the mom n dad always fighting , dad dont work , its just not good at all , and I dont know how to explain to him thats just not the kind of friends you need to keep around son.

So I just bite my tongue and hope they move one day or something.

I mean its not like its the kids fault , so its a catch 22
    why can't you petition the courts to have your son live with you. Having your ex hanging around a known convict is not good for the minor child. I would think (if you have the money) a good lawyer could get you full custody
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

So if the older generation foreigners are hard workers and contributed to the great US of A , then where are the youngins getting this information about we owe them something ?? From the parents , or school teachers ?
    I've asked myself the same question for years now as I grew up with a ton of friends whose parents were first generation Americans and they were strick on their kids and taught them to be thankful to live in the USA and to act like an American in responsibility and work efforts.

From my experiece of raising a daughter in DC and then in Eastern Washington State I got to see first hand the difference. It was really rubbed in my face many times.

In DC she attended a high tech school where kids who were pretty much straight 'A's went. Armed guards in the hallway, shake down inspections every week for lockers with weapons found, teachers who were more interested in their wages and security then in their students, students that were encouraged to "express" themselve in any way they "wanted" to including the fowlest of language I've ever heard even in the class room and at assemblies.

And the demands placed on my daughter to maintain straight 'A's meant at least 4 hours of homework each night including weekends. It was relentless with no effort being made to treat the studends like humans. And many of her new friends became involved in drugs, sex, cheating and anything else they could get into.

But as long as they got high grades and the school looked good, that was all that counted to the school body. No principals of honesty or intergrity were taught. Just get the best grades in whatever way you could cause then you could get into the leading colleges where it would all continue.

So I moved back to Eastern Washington and put her back in her original school where her friends and teacher welcomed her and helped he adjust. Every teacher knew her by name. The quality of the in class room instruction was far superior than in DC. She even had time to get back into the band where she love playing the sax which was just about her same size. She flourished and prospered simply by being around and in a "human" and sane environment.

However, the real world of education in our public schools nationwide pretty much teachers our children nothing but data and how they do not need to be responsible for their actions. They learn that there are others that pay the price for their childness and no one holds them responsible anymore. And that cheats them our of their lives.

So we now have a majority of "kids" -- mind you, not all kids are like this -- that believe they can have whatever they want, do whatever they want, speak in whatever tone they desire and that they should always have the choices of selection on anything even though they have not worked for those choices.

The kids I fell the most compassion for these days are the ones that were raised and stayed in a responsible, think for yourself and rely on yourself environment. They are the once challenged with dealing in the future of this country. And they are the ones who are going to be cheated out of what they have worked for and will be taken away from them by their over education, in-power counter parts.

And these "kids" I speak of are now in their 40's and in places of power over all of us.

We have sent off our kids into a society to teach them not how to be self sufficient but to be dependent and to express themselves in whatever way they fell like including showing anger in chosing to take people's lives away.

Fro those that have the ability to see widely and without prejudice of conviction to thier own belief system, obama represents all of this and that is why he is and remains in office. There simply is more of the irresponsible then the responsible in this country now.

If obama left tomorrow nothing would be resolved as the voters of today would just find another one of him to put back in office.

There is and can be no comparsion between obama or Bush or Clinton or Eizenhower or Regan or Truman.

BTW, Harry Truman came out of no where and from the Chicago mob arena and once in office and realizing the power and duties of the office he turned away from the sponsors that got him in office and started making decisions for the protection of the American citizens. His first major decision was the dropping of the bombs over Japan. He grew up very fast by sensing the true responsibilities of the United States Presidents office. I has hoped obama would do the same by after the first two years of his office I knew there was no hope...and that has turned out to be true.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    why can't you petition the courts to have your son live with you. Having your ex hanging around a known convict is not good for the minor child. I would think (if you have the money) a good lawyer could get you full custody
    you might have read over my paragraph too fast .... I was saying how my boy hangs around a kid next door

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I've asked myself the same question for years now as I grew up with a ton of friends whose parents were first generation Americans and they were strict on their kids and taught them to be thankful to live in the USA and to act like an American in responsibility and work efforts.

From my experiece of raising a daughter in DC and then in Eastern Washington State I got to see first hand the difference. It was really rubbed in my face many times
    So in the school in washington state , was this a small country like town ?

So in the school in washington state , was this a small country like town ?
    It was the second largest town in Washington State, Spokane to be exact. That town, like many across America, still represent family and community. And they still teach self reliance. Oddly enough drive west across the mountains to the Seattle area and the exact opposite happens.

You can thank LBJ and the commie loving Dems for doing everything possible for destroying our country.

One was to change our immigration rules to allow the 3rd world to immigrate here. Prior to 1965 immigration was limited to mainly Northern Europe so 90% of all immigrants were from there and only 100,000 or so a year.

LBJ changed all that. Everything the commie loving Dems can to co change and destroy our country they do and this is only one example. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You can thank LBJ and the commie loving Dems for doing everything possible for destroying our country.

One was to change our immigration rules to allow the 3rd world to immigrate here. Prior to 1965 immigration was limited to mainly Northern Europe so 90% of all immigrants were from there and only 100,000 or so a year.

LBJ changed all that. Everything the commie loving Dems can to co change and destroy our country they do and this is only one example. Thank you, thank you very much
    You can probably find Someone 100 years ago with the same opinion about Irish and polish immigrants and to some extent Italians. The existing British, French and Germans didn't care much for these poor, eastern Europeans invading their neighborhoods.

What was that quote engraved on the Ellis island building?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    You can probably find Someone 100 years ago with the same opinion about Irish and polish immigrants and to some extent Italians. The existing British, French and Germans didn't care much for these poor, eastern Europeans invading their neighborhoods.

What was that quote engraved on the Ellis island building?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Funny I didn't know there were any "liberals" in Iowa. Apparently you must have grown up in the "big" city somewhere. Gees. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast