Lightbulb gonna be here for awhile

I got into HVAC 4 years ago just helping somebody out, hated it at first but it slowly grew on me. after my first year I decided I would give it a go and maybe make a career out of it. first job was for 3 years in my area, paid for all my **** including truck and gas for $12 an hour. got paid cash, no benefits, no unemployment nada. Mostly all I did was installs on new construction, remodels, cut ins, and change outs, and once in awhile some service work assisting my boss, who wouldnt tell me **** even when i asked. (later I found out it was mostly because he didnt know ****) The last four months with this employer I started taking an online tech school(you can laugh it wont hurt my feelings). I ended up leaving that job for a legit job with Aire Serv in Merced CA, 60 mile comute one way. there they put me on service maintenance and i started getting a few service calls here and there. shortly after in January there was no work for a month and I was forced to find another job. So now im back in my area and working a a service tech. Im here cause I dont know ****, theres no schools anywhere close to me, I read and watch you-tube on everything i can find. I live in a very remote area, up in the mountains of northern California and im tired of asking questions to other service techs in this area and they dont know the answers. I dont know of anyone here that is certified in anything, some of these companies dont even reclaim refrigerant(I didnt even know it was posible until I started my online class)....For the most part ill be reading and when I can asking some questions, try to stay out of the way and help if i can. pretty excited to find this site

welcome aboard, you'll need to get that post count up and apply for pro member before you can get to the detailed information available on this site.

be careful of some of that crap on utube
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    welcome aboard, you'll need to get that post count up and apply for pro member before you can get to the detailed information available on this site.

be careful of some of that crap on utube

Sounds good thanks for the input, and responding to my post.

Why do I want to be a pro member? Is there any more info for me I would like to give a hand as well if I could.

Welcome to the forum, Jacob. Get your post count up to 15 and apply for pro membership. Reading these forums will definitely make you a better and more knowledgable technician. It did for me.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson