Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    On another note, I thought of a way for Digi-Cool DRSA-1100 and 1600 owners to mod their units to do SH and SC with 2 probes.
    Those models only support one temperature prob, so normally the probe needs to be moved from one line to the other when switching between SH and SC.

Do a mod to plug 2 probes in, like I did, but wire them to a DPDT switch mounted where the existing prob connection port is.
    To switch between measuring SH and SC, you just hit the mode button to change to calculating SH or SC, and flip the switch to use the appropriate probe.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

What is a good online source for Cooper tools?

I bought mine local at Aireco ( a great supply house overall from some things I read on here ).

I wish I still had my old cooper 3 lead , it was old and I gave it away years ago.

You wont be sorry for the clamps. You wont eat as well the week that you buy them but they are quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Thanks for posting the pictures.
    It looks like they are using the same sensor in those as they do in the pipe wrap probes, which is good.
    The actual thermistor is on the back side of the metal that looks like it is wrapped around the foam like material. The metal protects the thermistor, and aids heat transfer to it.

I guess I'll go ahead and order a couple of them, and keep the pipe wrap probes as spares, and for when I'm working on larger equipment.
    From seeing all the mountings it looks like the 4011 pipe wrap allows for the least ambient air around the sensor next would be the wireless clamp then the wired clamp I know from testing the wireless one vs the pipe strap there is a difference. From the look of it the clamp version will be even further off than the wireless version in the field. The pipe strap looks like the best one as far as far as precise measurements and at the least cost. Last one I bought was 46 bucks!!! (@J-Mart chuckcrj)
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    Do you have a web link to the stuff you use?
    Is there some reason you won't answer my question, Yturbo? Or are you shamed by your nationality.

I mean no offense by asking, I just would like to know and start a civil dialog with you..

He said he wasn't Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Is there some reason you won't answer my question, Yturbo? Or are you shamed by your nationality.

I mean no offense by asking, I just would like to know and start a civil dialog with you..
    Might be a better topic for its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Might be a better topic for its own thread.

Uncles PM file say other wise. Read it after I asked you.

Quote Originally Posted by y7turbo View Post
    I am not Greek.
    Uncles' PM file say other wise. He showed it to me after I asked you

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    On another note, I thought of a way for Digi-Cool DRSA-1100 and 1600 owners to mod their units to do SH and SC with 2 probes.
    Those models only support one temperature prob, so normally the probe needs to be moved from one line to the other when switching between SH and SC.

Do a mod to plug 2 probes in, like I did, but wire them to a DPDT switch mounted where the existing prob connection port is.
    To switch between measuring SH and SC, you just hit the mode button to change to calculating SH or SC, and flip the switch to use the appropriate probe.
    Like this.............
    These are my 1600's with the DPDT switch modification. I did this over the past summer. I got the idea from someone on a youtube video. The inside is not as neat as your modification. But they are still water proof and work great. They are 1 degree apart between the 2 probe. I did have them measured against other thermometers and are all within 2 degrees of each other like your previous post. I'm happy with the results and I don't care what clover thinks. Yes, I have the AK900's but these are still my go to gauges.

IMO I don't get why the Digi-cool haters out there still say what they say. Digi-cools were built for techs to alter if needed and still be amazingly accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Uncles' PM file say other wise. He showed it to me after I asked you

Just because I can read and say the greek swear words that your uncle used to say on here doesn't mean I'm greek.

hvac5646 are you the same guys who posts comments on youtube that goes by hvac5646?
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    hvac5646 are you the same guys who posts comments on youtube that goes by hvac5646?
    No I am not

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast