Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Glen, I'll start with one sentence. If the tread does not get moved I will continue.

When the GOP , which controls Texas' Senate , House and Governor decided to protect Business And Doctors. They passed WC laws that did just that.

My bad. 2 sentences
    Funny I thought that was the case in most states. Workman's comp took the dice out of the payment for injuries and uses a scale based on how bad the injury is (disability, etc.) to pay you for the injury in addition to all legitimate medical costs. And all companies who were bonded and insured had to have the insurance. Been that way in all the states I have lived and worked in: TN, KY, MS, SC, NC & GA. No different. Why would Texas be any better or worse? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Funny you would list all States which are GOP controlled

And I agree. But here the WC laws have been skewed to keep someone off lifetime WC benefits and onto federal disability

Funny you would list all States which are GOP controlled

And I agree. But here the WC laws have been skewed to keep someone off lifetime WC benefits and onto federal disability
    Come on ace. Nothing in life is free or should be. Your employer had WC and you got injured on the "job" so you file a claim and the "compensation" is based on your injury and typically the "settlement" is arbitrated.

I was once involved in a WC case as a witness I might add for my company and we were a 3rd party and not the main target but simply pulled in an unsuccessful attempt to expand the liability so to speak. So I know a little about it.

I know you are limited as to what you can collect based on a scale for payments for different type of injuries. I presume you feel you didn't get your fair share. How come? Did they give you a cash settlement in lieu of monthly payments and you spent it all or what? Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It takes a 15% disability to get WC benefits for life. Very few get 15%. I can barely walk and got 10%. They have a program to retrain workers, which I tried to enter. One caveat though. If you are off for longer than one year, you must file for SSDI before you can retrain. SSDI gave me complete disability but WC does not recognize it as more than a 10% disability. Do you not see that as odd?

It takes a 15% disability to get WC benefits for life. Very few get 15%. I can barely walk and got 10%. They have a program to retrain workers, which I tried to enter. One caveat though. If you are off for longer than one year, you must file for SSDI before you can retrain. SSDI gave me complete disability but WC does not recognize it as more than a 10% disability. Do you not see that as odd?
    Sounds like you need a good $#$ lawyer to straighten it out there ace. A man with your good connections in the favorite party of those lawyers shouldn't have a problem there I would think. Your a good man ace just trying to help you out there now. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Sounds like you need a good $#$ lawyer to straighten it out there ace. A man with your good connections in the favorite party of those lawyers shouldn't have a problem there I would think. Your a good man ace just trying to help you out there now. Thank you, thank you very much
    That's where the law works to protect business Glen.. Lawyers will not tough a WC case in Texas. it is not worth there time and effort with tort reform. But it is OK, I have adapted to what I have and I am at peace with it

All I was trying to do was tell the OP that WC might be expensive but it could save his butt if something happened.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234