Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biden and Shotgun Advice

So Joe Biden says folks should get a shotgun for protection and even told his wife when trouble comes just walk out on the balcony and fire off two rounds into the air.

Of course, as a gun owner who know the safety rules as well as state and federal law I immediately recognized that OL Joe has no idea of firearm safety. We don't fire off rounds into the air. We always know our target and what is behind our target.

But, still his advice is worse than that. You see, firing warning shots is against the law in every state that I am aware of. So, are we to take our legal advice from Joe? That's right, he is a lawyer so he knows the law. Or, does he?

These same people know next to nothing about firearms other than how bad some of them look. They have no idea of even the most basic safety rules and no idea of the legal system regarding self-defense. Yet they know what is best for us.

Come on Joe, keep giving us advice...

If you discharge a firearm withing municipal limits, you'll go to jail and lose your right to own a firearm. We had a guy around here go to jail for discharging a "firearm" within city limits. He shot a pigeon with a pellet gun.

Old wooden head Joe showing his insanity and stupidity again. What a moron!

Did'nt know good old crazy Joe,knew which end of the gun to hold.
    FEN

Joe Biden's advice to women and the NRA's reponse. Seriously, Biden should be tested for drug abuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=qq2FoGND6uw#!
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Joe Biden is only the VP as an "assassination insurance" policy for Obama.

Everybody is too afraid of him being president.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    So Joe Biden says folks should get a shotgun for protection and even told his wife when trouble comes just walk out on the balcony and fire off two rounds into the air.

Of course, as a gun owner who know the safety rules as well as state and federal law I immediately recognized that OL Joe has no idea of firearm safety. We don't fire off rounds into the air. We always know our target and what is behind our target.

But, still his advice is worse than that. You see, firing warning shots is against the law in every state that I am aware of. So, are we to take our legal advice from Joe? That's right, he is a lawyer so he knows the law. Or, does he?

These same people know next to nothing about firearms other than how bad some of them look. They have no idea of even the most basic safety rules and no idea of the legal system regarding self-defense. Yet they know what is best for us.

Biden's advice is unbelievably stupid.

1- What goes up must come down. Bullets do not simply land harmlessly in the air. They come down somewhere. If your shotgun is loaded with light bird-shot, probably harmless, but if loaded with heavy shot or slugs you could kill someone or damage property in the area. Warning shots should be fired into the ground or solid object.

2- Warning shots are risky. Firing a warning shot must only be done under the strictest evaluation of the situation at hand. A warning shot may be the best solution in one case or the worst in another. It may frighten an intruder, it may escalate the situation to a shooting match. You give away your position and potential, at night you have a flash that adds to that problem.

3- Biden made the point that 'you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself', yet he referenced a double barreled shotgun and firing off two warning shots. Well, you have an empty gun at that point. Anyone who takes his foolish advice had better have the presence of mind to have not only grabbed the gun but also some extra ammo and get to reloading fast. My point being, a frightened woman who has fired off two warming shots can predictably fire off a third or fourth shot the same way. A shotgun is not easier to operate as he claimed, because it would require a separate ammo supply and the task of labor and time and mechanical ability to reload. I could do that. I hope I don't get shaky and start dropping stuff, or trying to force the shells in backasswards, These thing do happen. The Gettysburg aftermath munitions were examined and found with rifles loaded powder/ball 5 and 6 times and never fired, frightened men just kept stuffing the cr@p down the barrels. Reloading a gun is not as simple as it sounds, when you are frightened for your life.

4- Firing a warning shot from the second floor balcony is idiotic, it is better to call 911 and hope the police arrive in time. If someone is coming through the front door or back door you need to be there on site for your warning shot[s]. I hope you have earplugs or you will get an annoying ringing sound in your head that will last a day or so. While a warning shot from a remote balcony will probably scare off a rancid couple of 15 year old burglars, that may not deter committed home invading hardened criminals. Every situation is unique. As a homeowner, in Biden's broad suggestion, you don't know what the situation is. Firing a gun off into the air in a remote location is idiotic.

Biden is an idiot. Warning shots are not illegal in Texas, that may vary by state or municipality. I have fired a warning shot, about 12 years ago and the police were involved. They ended up being arrested for disturbing the peace, there was a little more to it, but no need to make a big deal out of it under the circumstances. I also set up an 'in home ambush' for a home invader at age 15, no warning shot in that situation, if the f'r broke through the front door and got down the other end of that hallway, 20 gauge head shot. That was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, I did not have to act on it but making the decision sort of stays with you forever.

We, as a nation, have lots of guns. I'll bet that for every 1 time a gun is used for some crime, a gun is used 100 times for preventing crime. We are not mostly criminals, do Obamadrones think so?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

SORRY!! due to the high cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given. Hey, blame the economy
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

That's right

That stuff should be left to experts.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    SORRY!! due to the high cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given. Hey, blame the economy
    What high costs?Just picked up 300 rounds of plinkers for the new toy 22C for $ 112 @ bass pro.
    Gotta give Mike a call for 40 S&W die heads for the 550.
    My cost for.45 are 14.50 per 100 for the 550 and are far more accurate than many of the factory ammo.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    That's right

That stuff should be left to experts.

He reminds me of Elmer Fudd,and Obama has the shooting form of a community organizer.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Joe Biden is only the VP as an "assassination insurance" policy for Obama.

Everybody is too afraid of him being president.
    OMG...aint that the truth!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I think a shotgun is great for protection. But like mine, semi-auto with a 30 round drum mag. Now for trap or hunting the doubble will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    He reminds me of Elmer Fudd,and Obama has the shooting form of a community organizer.
    But then Obama has never shot anybody in the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast