Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Ok guys thanks Im really considering a set. Im sure they do amazing with nitrogen holding charges as well.
    Neat trick with the DC.

Pressure the system up and toggle the display to "HOLD" mode.

Once in "HOLD" the bar graph is still active.

If the pressure is dropping, the bar graph will display the drop (in 1/4 psi increments) and the original pressure. Toggle the unit back to update the display and it'll show the new pressure.

Pressure tests take less time, now.

Yea that sure sounds good jp. Pump it up higher and the drops are faster.

I love this function. I remember you told me a while back about it jp. No need for more 150# either in most situations. I'm pulling the trigger on set #2 of AK900s tonight. Having one set for multiple compressor units (typically 2) slows down my money flow.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Neat trick with the DC.

If the pressure is dropping, the bar graph will display the drop (in 1/4 psi increments) and the original pressure. Toggle the unit back to update the display and it'll show the new pressure.

I didn't know that, great to know. The 550's had a leak test program where it told you how much pressure you lost and the elapsed time.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I didn't know that, great to know. The 550's had a leak test program where it told you how much pressure you lost and the elapsed time.
    You can also do a temperature compensated leak test with the 550. You have to plug a temperature sensor into the high side before turning the 550 on, and hold the set+mode buttons when you turn it on.

The first generation Teso 523 shows pressure down to the hundredths of psia when it is in the leak test mode.
    It is so sensitive, I can see the small pressure fluctuations from small ambient temperature changes caused by changes in wind speed/direction around the unit.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    You can also do a temperature compensated leak test with the 550. You have to plug a temperature sensor into the high side before turning the 550 on, and hold the set+mode buttons when you turn it on.

The first generation Teso 523 shows pressure down to the hundredths of psia when it is in the leak test mode.
    It is so sensitive, I can see the small pressure fluctuations from small ambient temperature changes caused by changes in wind speed/direction around the unit.
    I never did go there with it, but that is a nice feature. Now you guys taught me the formula to check it, I won't be going there....

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Neat trick with the DC.

You posted that when I originally bought my AK900 and I've been doing it every time since. It's an excellent method because you know exactly where you started. Thanks for that nugget JP.

The 550's pressure mode is pretty neat too.

TESTO! SMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    TESTO! SMAN!
    Finish in last and 2nd to last place? Lol :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123