Thread: New Here

Hybrid View

New Here

Hello. I am a long time lurker and finally decided to join. I have been in the HVAC industry for about 8 yrs. After completing tech school spent a short time (1-2 yrs) working for a small local company doing res. and light commercial service and some install depending on work load. Boss had health problems and was forced to shut down company, so I took a job with a consulting engineer designing commercial and industrial HVAC and plumbing systems. I couldn't stand sitting at a desk so after six months I was able to land a job at a large university and have been there ever since. I was an HVAC tech for 2 yrs working on large institutional sized equipment. Since then I have been on the controls end of things. We install most of our control systems in house from design to install to service, so I have a decent amount of experience working with a lot of different control systems. I also have some experience with pneumatics. I have lately started branching out into some of the programming and networking. I work 4-10's, so in my spare time I have a small side business and do some residential service and installation. There really seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this site, and I am hoping to share some of my knowledge and eventually work towards a professional membership. I look forward to talking to you.

Welcome. Thanks for writing in clear English. There's lots to be learned here. You'll soon learn who the knowledgeable, experienced ones are so you can sit at their feet.