Honeywell XBSi Gateway Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Software Tag??

Quote Originally Posted by geek88 View Post
    The tenant decided to kick me out of our building after 14 years, although the DDC system is still in disarray, Honeywell continues to fight to stay in the building. I would like to thank all of you for your input.

FYI...all of you have no doubt heard of software tags in main control boards, it is a common practice, however it is never cool to install any software which is relient on such a tag based solely on a service contract ID. I have been informed by a very reliable source that this is exactly what happened.

As fort the front-end breaking and the controllers storing the alarms, that is true, but in our case the buffer is not being reset nightly after the back-up is made...thus the memory is overloaded and the controller reboots...wiping all our personal settings on each and every device (350+).

I do know, after 25 years in HVAC business personally, that Honeywell should be flogged in public for their actions, but politically, nothing will happened!

Geek88 sigining off!
    I have programmed dozens of XLP and have no idea what a Software tag is. Could you describe it?

Flash ram??

Quote Originally Posted by DiodeCutter_2K View Post
    I have programmed dozens of XLP and have no idea what a Software tag is. Could you describe it?
    Are your XLP running flash? Or is your data file in Eprom?

Files

The database is stored on an EPROM, while the apps are stored in EEPROM...the database has been validated and restored twice by two different programmers, one from Honeywell and the other a third party developer we hired...both found no problems with the database of the chips...we replaced all the chips in 2000 and removed a number of file stored programs and installed them in the front-end in hopes of freeing up memory in the controllers...that streched the controller booting to 17 days, instead of 7. I have worked on different controllers and never seen one reboot this often on its own...as stated in other replies:

we have replaced the controller boards, Cnet boards, transformers, power supplies, chips both the EPROM and EEPROM, verfied the LAN cabling is good, reinstalled all the software many tiems...even unloaded teh CPP software from the front-end!

None of it helped much at all!

If X equals 0 then exe
    If X equals 1 then goto line ....

A software tag is merely a simple line of code that is either set to 0 for no service contract which is default or a 1 whch is followed by code that sends the program to a line which must have a valid service contract number. Microsoft used in earlier DOS versions for anti-prirating means. In order for the system to be reset correctly, Honeywell has told me that they would need to run through each line of code to find the problem and fix it...$200.00 hrly rate...probably take weeks they said! I can replace the system for $110,000.00 but the tenant refuses to pay for the replacement.

POLITICS!

Thank you for your interest.

Rebuild file

Do you have access to the rebuild file?

I have never ever heard of the requirement to have a service contract and having it validated in XLP code. It sounds like BS to me and probably not legal.

Its their (Owners) XLP and XBSi how can Moneywell prevent you from using what you purchased and own?

Call that Riaz guy, he's an x Mweller.

Ex-Honeyweller here. Hard to believe two R7044's could cost $110K to replace unless there are alot of C-Bus devices along with them. If you have MCEL's on there, there are a number of 'hidden' reboot scenarios for the MCEL's.
    I spent 13 years with the XLP product. There is no way the code could be written for a valid entry for the service contract. There are a number of things that could cause XLP rebooting.
    The gateway also stores programs in the form of CTEP's. Getting rid of them is always a good idea.

Hey Riaz, you dog. You promised to send me your book. I was in your advanced CIL class - wow, that dates me.

CIL Really

How about RACL?

What does function code 307 do?

I don't know anything about RACL - it was used in a product I never worked on - Excel Classic.

However if memory serves, CIL Function Code 307 is what is used to enter the operators for the calculation.

!!Ding Ding a winner

RACL - Recursive algorithmic control language.
    CIL - Control Interpreter language
    And you are correct about FC307.

I could go on about the 'good 'ol days but I won't.

And yes Riaz kind of hides in the background doesn't he?

So did the XBSI issue get resolved, anyone?

Ex European Honeyweller (retd.) here. I would keep XBSi a long as you can. It was brilliant. Anything that came after is cr... in comparison but that's progress. Still have my Delta function code book !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12