Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Honeywell XBSi Gateway Issues

Hello All...I have an older XBSi installation, 1998/99 circa, which I am being told has a bad gateway board in the front-end...The system was replacing an older Graphic Central Excel 5000 system due to Y2K issues...the symptoms are:
    1.) The R7044 D & E boards, (1 of each) reboot themselves about every 12 days of 24/7 operation.
    2.) The points in the Graphic Central front-end tend to go all **** for days at a time.

Any help?
    Thx

Time to upgrade I think. There was Y2K issues with older Excel Plus firmware, what version do you have? Any pop up errors appearing on the XBSi?

Rev

The XBSi revision is:

After reading the upgrade info from Honeywell's website, it appears that we did NOT get the MPCP board and are stillusing an old, old Gateway board. As I understand it, without the MPCP board, we also did not get the data conversion tools!

I am not quite sure what version you are referring to here.
    XBSi version should be around 2.X.X
    Excel Plus should be at least 15.X
    The gateway will have firmware in the communication and coprocessor cards which can be upgraded as well.

Hmm My Mistake

The versions of our software are as follows:

1.) XBSi 2.3
    2.) Graphic Central 16.4.1
    3.) CAE 18.0
    4.) Dell PC PII 400 tower
    5.) Win 98 se

I am running two R7044's, 1 D & 1 E board which control half each of my building. I have replaced these boards within the past 4 years...no help.

Any advice, besides replacement?

You might as well as your local Honeywell branch what they suggest. Maybe you won't like the answer but it couldn't hurt to get it.

Cool Replacement

I have met with the locals and the regional's many times and they always say the same thing, replacement the XBSi with EBI and I agree, but it is hard to get a tenant who must pay the $150,000.00 for a 12 year old system that the contractor, Honeywell corrupted this install in 1999...they want Johnson...that would be $350,000.00

LOOSE LOOSE...Did I mention this was a State/City building? Politics!

Thanks for all the good advice, guys. It is comforting to know I had the right idea, now I just need the teeth to move forward!
    Last edited by geek88; 01-17-2007 at 10:38 PM.

If you lose communication to the front end the controller stores the alarms in a buffer in the controller, and when the buffer is full the controller will reboot. You need to find out why you are losing the front end. The gateway could be the cause.

Cool Xbsi System

No you do not have to replace your system. XBSi works. I have all the tools and parts to make it work. Please check my website ceyets.com or call me direct (651)646-2476 and schedule a visit to your site. At the end of the visit I will give you a complete report as to how to proceed. I have fixed dozens of systems. The reason it is doing this is because it is mis programmed and is quite technical and I cannot explain. Honeywell does not have qualifed (or very few any way) people to work with this system and thaey do not have all the parts either. I have all the documentation and all the parts and also repair their parts. Call me if you want this system fixed. you will not have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and you do not need the EBI upgrade. that has its own problems!

Riaz Hussain
    (651)646-2476

$0.02

Well sounds like you have the old gateway or an older wall mounted gateway. Either case you can screw around with xbsi's configuration, make sure the gateway is configured properly and that the binary gets loaded ok. But you'll be stuck in 199x. Considering you have cae, then a BNA and XBS 1.7.1 or a BNA and EBI are options but for just two 7044s, well I'd throw them on e-bay and put the job out to tender.

Check my post and call me @ (651)646-2476. I can fix your problem cheap!

Riaz Hussain
    (651646-2476

Thank you

The tenant decided to kick me out of our building after 14 years, although the DDC system is still in disarray, Honeywell continues to fight to stay in the building. I would like to thank all of you for your input.

FYI...all of you have no doubt heard of software tags in main control boards, it is a common practice, however it is never cool to install any software which is relient on such a tag based solely on a service contract ID. I have been informed by a very reliable source that this is exactly what happened.

As fort the front-end breaking and the controllers storing the alarms, that is true, but in our case the buffer is not being reset nightly after the back-up is made...thus the memory is overloaded and the controller reboots...wiping all our personal settings on each and every device (350+).

I do know, after 25 years in HVAC business personally, that Honeywell should be flogged in public for their actions, but politically, nothing will happened!

Geek88 sigining off!

XLP

Quote Originally Posted by geek88 View Post
    Hello All...I have an older XBSi installation, 1998/99 circa, which I am being told has a bad gateway board in the front-end...The system was replacing an older Graphic Central Excel 5000 system due to Y2K issues...the symptoms are:
    1.) The R7044 D & E boards, (1 of each) reboot themselves about every 12 days of 24/7 operation.
    2.) The points in the Graphic Central front-end tend to go all **** for days at a time.

Any help?
    Thx
    What version OS is in the XLP?
    What version CAE?

This is/was a known problem. Anyone with access to the Honeywell BBS or TAC can give (SELL$$$) you the solution. Its an easy fix!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast