Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They called it ADD when I was a kid... and they said I was ADD... fact was... I was just hyper... lots of kids are hyper... it is just part of being a kid.

In my case... some careful diet management more or less made it a 'non-issue'.

As an adult... I have the potential to get on an adrenaline high (work hard and feed the high with caffeine, sugar, fried foods, etc)... resulting in a crash when the body wears out. The solution is to simply recognize when I am getting on that 'roll'... and derail it. Simple as laying off a few stimulating foods and quitting work after 9-10 hours in one day. Example... I have a DWH to install for a friend (off season, I do some of these things)... It was 5:30 PM... I could have gone to his house and do it in the evening... or wait until tomorrow. Doing it this evening would set me up for over-adrenaline... waiting until tomorrow would maintain balance. Note I am 60 years old... balance is more important as the years pile up.

BALANCE is a choice... and IMO a WISE choice. Things that upset a balanced lifestyle... well keeping these things in moderation is also a choice.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzwWm64UiD8

The psychotropic drugs listed in this video come with a "black box warning" right from the FDA.
    FEN

I was also one of those "ADHD kids". "Diagnosed" by "doctors".

4th grade, teacher called my mother and left a message on our machine:
    "you have 2 choices. Either your put your son on medication for his ADHD, or I will have him expelled from school."

So, after we settled out of court within a week or two, I was home-schooled until 9th grade.

Later, we tried ADD meds to see what would happen. See if I truly did have a condition. Worst thing ever. Water leaking out of my mouth kinda deal. Stopped after a week.

What "fixed" my "ADHD" was:
    http://www.noob.us/humor/south-park-...tment-for-add/

Not saying it's everyone's fix. Just mine, and alot of other children.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I was also one of those "ADHD kids". "Diagnosed" by "doctors".

4th grade, teacher called my mother and left a message on our machine:
    "you have 2 choices. Either your put your son on medication for his ADHD, or I will have him expelled from school."

So, after we settled out of court within a week or two, I was home-schooled until 9th grade.

Later, we tried ADD meds to see what would happen. See if I truly did have a condition. Worst thing ever. Water leaking out of my mouth kinda deal. Stopped after a week.

What "fixed" my "ADHD" was:
    http://www.noob.us/humor/south-park-...tment-for-add/

Not saying it's everyone's fix. Just mine, and alot of other children.
    Lmao
    Amen

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I am going to chime in here for two reasons, the most important one, I have a case of insomnia tonight and can't get to sleep....

The second reason is, my son (now 18) was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome about three years ago. Aspergers is a spectrum disorder in the autism family.

That being said, we have had major behavioral issues with him since he was three years old. Public school wanted him to enter special education classes because of his behavior causing disturbances in the classroom. We have hired private counselors, psychologists, behaviorists, name something..., Spent thousands of dollars of which I did not have and insurance did not help with.

He was said to have ADD, ADHD, OCD, all over the board. Name an acronym and he has been called it.

After testing his IQ, the schools would not do anything to help (his score was in the high 140's). I feel sorry for people with kids experiencing major neurological and behavioral problems. It can wear on you like a cancer.

The help is not there and putting a generic label on something only makes it worse.

My son is doing awesome now and has been on medications to take out the peaks and valleys and he has recently been awarded the ROP (regional occupational program) student of the year for our entire county.

It is not surprising to me that the government would go down this road. They could screw up a winning lottery ticket.

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12