Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ADHD "is" a scam

ADD & ADHD is a scam developed from the Gov.
    Schools get funds for each child diagnosed, who push (force) parents into treatment. Parents get blessed with government incentives in the form of ssi.....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rp.y68RIgn5PAk

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Yes. And when they turn 18 they are no longer eligable for govt. money and are cut loose cold turkey. That is what we saw at the shooting in New Hampshire. A young person that had been "diagnosed" with a learning disability only to be cut off when they left school "and the money incentives" and could not cope with life because we never taught them to be independant thinkers. Death or prison. Either way they once again become someone elses problem.

I think your link needs repair.

The gov't has adhd.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    I think your link needs repair.
    That was a google result.
    Here is a link from one of the results........

http://www.adhdscam.com/Pages/OurPer...xperience.aspx

Btw: I didn't just happen upon this by some chance. My younger brother was targeted and diagnosed. At 15 I was shouting scam, and our story went pretty similar to the above!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    The gov't has adhd.
    Lol, yeah I seen that. Sorry for the boo-boo and offensive grammar.
    And thanks for policing me

A Einstein

Don't even get me started on this. I was one of those ADHD kids growing up. Someone should give the government "speed" and see how we'll they perform. I hate how those meds are pushed on kids. If you walked into a class full of medicated kids you would think they all got brain damage. Not talking staring at the wall almost drooling F That!!! Kids will be kids.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Don't even get me started on this. I was one of those ADHD kids growing up. Someone should give the government "speed" and see how we'll they perform. I hate how those meds are pushed on kids. If you walked into a class full of medicated kids you would think they all got brain damage. Not talking staring at the wall almost drooling F That!!! Kids will be kids.
    I remember fighting my mom on this.
    She would tell me that her hands were tied. They threatened her!

A Einstein

I never was treated but I clearly had it. I handled it by asking to sit in the front of the class and away from the doors and window so I couldn't get distracted. Later I turned to a dietician who corrected a chemical imbalance that he found. Much to my skepticism, it actually worked. I feel really bad for kids that get medicated and aren't able to figure out how to deal with it on their own.

I think that ADHD is a real condition.

That said, I think that is is very much an over diagnosed condition.

Frazzled mothers and fathers drag perfectly normal, rambunctious children to the doctor and ask for something to "settle them down"

Teachers do a similar thing to maintain control in their classrooms, by pushing parents to do the above.

I think that, sadly, government money is also a factor in this. Another reason to shrink government.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I think that ADHD is a real condition.

That said, I think that is is very much an over diagnosed condition.

Frazzled mothers and fathers drag perfectly normal, rambunctious children to the doctor and ask for something to "settle them down"
    I agree.

My wife and I were just talking about this. She insists that there is no government assistance handed out. If a person in the district recommends a child get tested, then they are on the hook for paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    I never was treated but I clearly had it. I handled it by asking to sit in the front of the class and away from the doors and window so I couldn't get distracted. Later I turned to a dietician who corrected a chemical imbalance that he found. Much to my skepticism, it actually worked. I feel really bad for kids that get medicated and aren't able to figure out how to deal with it on their own.
    Good point!
    I'd like to bet that 100% of "hyper" kids are indeed due to dietary issues, easily resolved without "DRUGGING"

A Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast