York Simplicity Control

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this. We currently have a customer that has 2 York Z34 RTU's. Currently they have the York BacNet interface on them. These also have the Simplicity boards in them.

Does anyone know if the unit is still able to be controlled using the thermostat inputs on the simplicity board?
    Do I just need to unplug the BACNet interface?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Follow me @blankscole

Unplug it. Is it VAV or CV?

It is currently VAV. Have you ever seen one of these units with a Fisen board that controls the gas heat section for tempering?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Follow me @blankscole

I have not seen that board so I can not comment on how it will operate. We have a replacement job that the BMS is tstat type control to RTUs and customer does not want to upgrade so when I asked York they said as far as VAV operation under tsat type control there will be issues with controlling the VFD and static pressure control. Meanwhile I have a job with older Simplicity units in the same scenario, tstat control BMS and have not seen issues with the units running in VAV. Yes its not perfect but the customer or tenants do not complain.