Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i had a 1100 sq ft house in Texas with a 2.5 ton and loved it .could keep the house 72 at 105 outside
    We really need change now

I like how you guys are telling him this is oversized online with no information other then sq footage, isnt that as bad as what hes attempting=GUESS! if its a mobile home in south texas and has three familys living in it it might be correct )

maybe he has vaulted ceilings and glass walls!?! or maybe its a glass ceiling and no walls! OR maybe he needs to hire somebody to do the work before he screws everything up! just a thought.

I have 2.5 ton in my house and it works fine. 1k sq w/ full daylite basement, brick veneer, r-2 in the sidewalls, split entry. Of course the 2.5 ton is oversized, but it is a XL-19i so it runs on low speed most of the time.

Besides, how can you go wrong with 8 registers on flex . . . that will drop at least 6k off the capacity.

Seriously, with the questions your asking your in over your head. "IF" it's for your own house and is a learning experience, ok, but don't learn at someone elses expense. I'm not going to tell you you can't do it, but you have a huge learning curve if you want to do it right. HVAC installs are both a science and an art, and they must work together.

Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    I like how you guys are telling him this is oversized online with no information other then sq footage, isnt that as bad as what hes attempting=GUESS! if its a mobile home in south texas and has three familys living in it it might be correct )
    He's not from Texas. But his area gets hot, I think hotter then your area, his OD design temp is around 110 or so. So 2.5 tons doesn't sound too big for some 1,000 sq ft homes out there.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123