Need help to identify accuator

Need help to identify accuator

I have bought a older home which has an old actuator attached to the furnace. It has been giving up problems because it will not turn off, the gears just keep spinning.
    I have attached some pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Very nice pictures. A little further back to show what and how it's connected would add the other 500 words to the "a picture is worth a 1000 words".
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Identifying a NEW Actuator is likely Much more important than trying to give a name to a centuries old one.

http://www.belimo.us/ishop/theme/node/10075.xml
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Name:  IMG_1271.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  40.5 KBName:  IMG_1272.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  49.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Very nice pictures. A little further back to show what and how it's connected would add the other 500 words to the "a picture is worth a 1000 words".

Quote Originally Posted by worldfamous View Post
    Name:  IMG_1271.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  40.5 KBName:  IMG_1272.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  49.8 KB
    The motor driven item that you're having the problem with is what I was talking about getting a wider view of. Again very nice pictures, but what that motor unit is sitting on etc etc is what I was meaning.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Thanks, here are a few more.Name:  IMG_1275.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  35.5 KBName:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  37.9 KBName:  IMG_1277.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  44.8 KBName:  IMG_1278.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    The motor driven item that you're having the problem with is what I was talking about getting a wider view of. Again very nice pictures, but what that motor unit is sitting on etc etc is what I was meaning.

The unit is a motorized zone valve that is designed to open and close the valve that the motor sits on top of. The fact that the motor continually runs can actually be a good thing. The chance of finding a direct replacement motor unit is probably going to be slim at best is the bad thing.

The function of the valve (what it is actually doing/controlling) is not clear other than it is there to turn on and off the flow of water in the pipe it's in.

You are going to have to call a service company that is well versed with working on hot water heating systems (hydronics). It's possible that a good service technician can get the motor to start working the way it is supposed to, I stress "possible". Going into what that fix might be, would be to offer DIY information that site rules don't allow.

By the look of the overall age of the system you will need to find yourself a good company for service and the eventual replacement, no better time than the present while it's not an emergency. While they're there ask questions as the opportunity to learn about yoru system and it's functions will never be better.

ok, thanks for everything... i will be sure to asks tons of questions!

Thanks, here are a few more.Name:  IMG_1275.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  35.5 KBName:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  37.9 KBName:  IMG_1277.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  44.8 KBName:  IMG_1278.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  39.8 KB

ok, thanks for everything... i will be sure to asks tons of questions!
    Honeywell - series "20" (24v)actuator. Requires a 3 wire stat r&b to open,r&w to close. The valve can also be manually operated with a 1/8th"
    Allen wrench. your picture also shows an auxiliary switch (3 wire), which can be used to s/s other equip. The valves were very reliable with added feature of a stem that can be turned ccw to isolate the packing from the system, allowing a repack of the valve without draining the system. I do not know if they are still available.