Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So the LGE was probably installed solely as a half router for modem access. Since it was apparently never mapped for anything else. I'm assuming that the modem interface was a typical use of the LGE or else why bother adding it to the mix? The site appears to be mainly UNI/32 devices with a lot of U253, U551, U341 type devices connected to them and a few M8102 controllers as well, all circa 2004 or 2006. That time-frame still seems fairly new to me but I'm getting that is "Legacy". It seems WebCTRL was around in at least 2005 so is it just bad luck that the site probably didn't use it? Anyway, it is very interesting. It is very helpful to understand the options before they get laid on the table.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DataLogger View Post
    So the LGE was probably installed solely as a half router for modem access. Since it was apparently never mapped for anything else. I'm assuming that the modem interface was a typical use of the LGE or else why bother adding it to the mix? The site appears to be mainly UNI/32 devices with a lot of U253, U551, U341 type devices connected to them and a few M8102 controllers as well, all circa 2004 or 2006. That time-frame still seems fairly new to me but I'm getting that is "Legacy". It seems WebCTRL was around in at least 2005 so is it just bad luck that the site probably didn't use it? Anyway, it is very interesting. It is very helpful to understand the options before they get laid on the table.

Thanks.
    Some dealers just didn't go WebCTRL till late. We STOPPED installing Supervision in 2001 with 1.5.

Some ran well past that, I know Emerson was still installing Supervision based SS2000 around 2004-2005 somewhere and skipped interop. Even then the CMnet segments didn't go away, Emerson kept those until SiteScan v3 was replaced with v4 in 2011 I think.
    Scott Jalbert
    Harris Integrated Solutions

Formerly Liebert (Emerson Network Power)
    Expressed opinions are my own

Thanks everyone. For BacNet I clearly need the dealer to update to WebCTRL or map in the LGE with the WebCTRL being the best option for the facility since that would bring it into modernity.

There is one more question....if the $$ aren't there for the updates, is there a possibility of a third party driver/logger for CMNet -OR- is there another protocol i.e. Modbus that is available in the legacy product? I'm guessing modbus would also require major programming updates but I thought I'd ask. I'm not wedded to BacNet, I have much more modbus experience.

Although not impossible, Modbus is not likely to be available as it is currently an optional integration driver (on LGRs), and there would be no advantage as far as programming time.

I don't know of anything else that would sit on the CMnet, my guess is the LGE is your best bet as the interface.

Jim A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12