Tempstar Reviews

We have had some issues with our furnace, that is going on its 15th year, and our contractor has recommended a move to a TempStar Gas Pack unit. As you know this also replaces our AC unit which is a little over 15 years old too. I have seen some not so flattering reviews on the Tempstar line and I just wanted to see what kind of experiences people in the field have had. If I'm not mistaken this was one of the PSG3 models. Thanks for any information and experiences you can share.

I would also like to add that the furnace could likely be repaired but given the age of both it and the AC it's mearly some type of stopgap. I would love to replace it but I want to make sure I'm replacing it with something reliable that will not become problematic after just a couple of years.

Tempstar package units are rebadged Carriers.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for that information. Provided a proper installation, do they typically produce reliable equipment?

Heat exchangers don't last but that's typical of most gas packs with the HX in the cold air from the cooling coil. York's Affinity is an exception.

You should be fine if the unit is installed properly.

Thanks for the information. It is greatly appreciated.