$52.00 For Crude

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/01/11/D8MJBHM03.html

I am so confused. I was told that Bush and Cheney control the price of gas. I mean, the guy at the gas station with the "proud to be union" bumper sticker who bought a 2-liter of Pepsi, a carton of cigarettes, a box of powdered doughnuts and 10 lottery tickets told me so last summer. He said Bush and Cheney were trying to "make him choose between food for his family and gas for his truck."

Yet, I read that warm temps have led to a drop in crude prices which has lowered the price at the pump.

I know Tinknocker... "pug blah blah blah..... neo pug conservlicon yada yada yada.....blah blah........

Supply and Demand controls the price,as a commodity, no two ways about it. Oil supply threatened,price increase. Supply surplus, decrease. War creates the threat, and the increase. You can blame who's controlling the war, but only to a certain extent, as OSHA takes major blame. Oversimplified,but true.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

I agree and believe supply and demand does work, to a point.

What irritates me is that crude oil has gone from around $62 and some change on 01-03-2007 to around $52 and some change today 01-11-2007. That represents a drop of over 15%. But gasoline has gone from $2.19 to $2.09, that represents a drop of about 4%. Now I realize it takes about 4-6 weeks for crude to work its way through teh system to teh gas pumps.

BUT: I remember many times crude going up just a dollar or two, and gas would be up a dime or more the same day.

I guess all I can do is wait to fill my tank, hoping my puny purchases will affect the market.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14